Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: EPCR Semi finals

Post by LE18 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:17 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:32 pm Sounds like an obvious thing to say but the key to this quick ball is Gibson Park. He never gets involved in the ruck, that’s everyone else’s job, he is just there to get the ball away, and his cheat lines are sensational
I think more than that is the footwork of the whole back line. It just creates carnage in defence and allows Sexton to wrap around and all of a sudden they have more bodies on whatever side they’re attacking. Hard to think of how you stop it. The only thing would be if you have a rainy day and it’s a set piece game, which clearly is a worry against the big French teams, but that’s a long shot. Assuming Ireland play a similar game, they must be strong candidates for the latter stages of the RWC.
Wow, I didn't get to see whole match but shame to those slagging off ref again and switching off, they missed a great demonstration of "rugby", yes that game they invented when they picked up the ball and ran with it, oh how i wish Tigers would do that, what % did they quote for Sextons passing was it 87% as a neutral I loved what I saw and doubt anyone will beat Leinster this year.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Agreeing with Robespierre earlier statement I think La Rochelle have a real chance of beating them at a neutral venue. They play the game and real pace too and power all over the park. Also ROG will be desperate to put one over on Leinster.

They have to get past Racing tomorrow first of course.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:53 pm I feel slightly better about last week now. This is the best team in Europe.
Completely agree.

But what is utterly delightful is we are still growing under SB while Leinster are the finished article and those young Tigers will not be afraid of Leinster if we meet again. It wasn't that long ago that one turnover at Newcastle separated us from the Championship.

And I still think our second half against Leinster showed that Leinster are still vulnerable to a team with a powerful pack, which is what makes a final against Racing 92 or La Rochelle so exciting.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:10 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:53 pm I feel slightly better about last week now. This is the best team in Europe.
Completely agree.

But what is utterly delightful is we are still growing under SB while Leinster are the finished article and those young Tigers will not be afraid of Leinster if we meet again. It wasn't that long ago that one turnover at Newcastle separated us from the Championship.

And I still think our second half against Leinster showed that Leinster are still vulnerable to a team with a powerful pack, which is what makes a final against Racing 92 or La Rochelle so exciting.
So, Allez La Rochelle tomorrow for the final In Marseille!
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Robespierre wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:28 pm
Completely agree.

Very much so, as much as anything else it’ll be one heck of a game.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:36 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:28 pm

Completely agree.

Very much so, as much as anything else it’ll be one heck of a game.
Racing have some star names in their side but La Rochelle are an extremely workmanlike team. I firmly believe they’ll either win the European trophy or the Brennus Shield ( the Top14 title).
Semper in excretia
Bluemagoo

Post by Bluemagoo »

Completely agree.

I'm not sure your pack is as powerful as Toulouse. We've do have some issues at scrum time; but on a 'fast track' Leinster will run any big pack off the park. No issues at breakdown or lineout, mauls and maul defence could be better. Leinster have another 10-15% improvement on todays performance; Sexton would say they are never the finished article and continually strive to improve. Quietly, effectively, with no fuss, no drama, and a low profile Stuart Lancaster has a huge part to play in all of this. Leinster are so lucky to have him and Leo in tandem after the MOC era. SB has definitely recaptured some of the old Tiger snarl; really hope you can win the Premiership.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Toulon v Sarries in the challenge cup sounds weird. Estebeth v Itoje worth the watch on its own.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I actually want Sarries to win,there’s a fine line between being battle hardened and shop worn and the more tough games they are in the better!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Gopperth with a try and 13 point haul in Wasps 18-20 loss to Lyon
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 8:50 pm Gopperth with a try and 13 point haul in Wasps 18-20 loss to Lyon
And the try was at the back of a line out drive.

Toulon currently 18-13 up on Sarries, Farrell rubbing referee Brace up the wrong way
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Excellent finish from a Fijian I’ve never heard of- pretty standard that I suppose- bad defensive read from
Daly
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:14 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:08 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:07 pm I’m not sure how long I can watch this. Sexton moaning already and the Leinster love in in the commentary box is nauseating !
The "Leinster love" is, I think, entirely justified. They are merely praising what is, to this moment an exceptional performance.
I get that they’re good, I just think the commentary team focus too much on Leinster. And BoD’s “touloose” is hilarious!
And your French accent is impeccable no doubt. Nauseated, you were but then you say: "I think more than that is the footwork of the whole back line. It just creates carnage in defence and allows Sexton to wrap around and all of a sudden they have more bodies on whatever side they’re attacking.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Quite odd seeing Sarries turn down so many 3s and failing to convert close to the line.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Unlucky Sarries 😭
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer