chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: EPCR Semi finals

Post by chris111 »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:25 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:17 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:14 pm

I get that their good, I just think the commentary team focus too much on Leinster. And BoD’s “touloose” is hilarious!
But when they are playing all the rugby what else are the commentators supposed to do
Leinster have been fantastic to be fair. Toulouse just can't match the intensity.

No idea how Dickson is reffing this, he's well out of his depth.
I’ve no idea what the referee is doing wrong today. Unless it’s being called Dickson, which seems to be a sackable offence for some 🤨
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Sounds like an obvious thing to say but the key to this quick ball is Gibson Park. He never gets involved in the ruck, that’s everyone else’s job, he is just there to get the ball away, and his cheat lines are sensational
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

chris111 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:32 pm
But when they are playing all the rugby what else are the commentators supposed to do
Leinster have been fantastic to be fair. Toulouse just can't match the intensity.

I’ve no idea what the referee is doing wrong today. Unless it’s being called Dickson, which seems to be a sackable offence for some 🤨
He does seem to be ignoring a lot of jackals which he may have awarded in the premiership
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The fat lady isn’t singing just yet
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Toulouse knock on says Dickson with a smile!
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Leinster playing Munster next Saturday, wonder how many of this team will be playing
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Puts our result in perspective.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

chris111 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:32 pm

Leinster taking out Dupont when contesting the breakdowns so that he can't pick the pace up. Multiple knock ons, breakdown is a lottery. He's improving as a ref but I think there's more work to do and if he wasn't a former pro player he wouldn't be getting the opportunities he has.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Puts our game into perspective I guess.

We certainly look fitter than Leinster and Toulouse imo.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I feel slightly better about last week now. This is the best team in Europe.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:52 pm Puts our game into perspective I guess.

We certainly look fitter than Leinster and Toulouse imo.
Just sadly not as clinical as Leinster. They were very impressive again today. The attack just seemed be get over the gain line every phase. Can't see them being beaten in the final.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Can’t read too much into our performance tbf. Leinster were away and coming in cold after a 3 week break for the vast majority of the squad. This weeks Leinster were definitely better than the one that faced us.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Remember that La Rochelle beat Leinster last season and they’re in the other semifinal tomorrow. La Rochelle are in a rich vein of form and are one team that could get the better of Leinster, again.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:09 pm Remember that La Rochelle beat Leinster last season and they’re in the other semifinal tomorrow. La Rochelle are in a rich vein of form and are one team that could get the better of Leinster, again.
🤞
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 4:32 pm Sounds like an obvious thing to say but the key to this quick ball is Gibson Park. He never gets involved in the ruck, that’s everyone else’s job, he is just there to get the ball away, and his cheat lines are sensational
I think more than that is the footwork of the whole back line. It just creates carnage in defence and allows Sexton to wrap around and all of a sudden they have more bodies on whatever side they’re attacking. Hard to think of how you stop it. The only thing would be if you have a rainy day and it’s a set piece game, which clearly is a worry against the big French teams, but that’s a long shot. Assuming Ireland play a similar game, they must be strong candidates for the latter stages of the RWC.