Premiership Semi Final Play Off - Kick Off times confirmed

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Semi Final Play Off - Kick Off times confirmed

Post by RagingBull »

4,000- 4,500 doesn't seem that much IMO.
3 weeks to go pretty much, not certain who the opposition is either or what the time and date was.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

The most ridiculous thing was that the premiership rugby website was still showing 2pm and 5pm kick off times after Tigers had put the new times on their website - PRC and BT should have confirmed the kick off's months ago.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed and just shows their scant disregard for supporters.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sarries ticket prices:
Seating: £26-£52
Standing: £17.50-£35

It just shows that a Tigers’ prices are almost identical so let’s hope more Tigers fans get tickets or maybe the club should contact all the local clubs with packages before our opponents are confirmed. Surely Saints.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm Sarries ticket prices:
Seating: £26-£52
Standing: £17.50-£35

It just shows that a Tigers’ prices are almost identical so let’s hope more Tigers fans get tickets or maybe the club should contact all the local clubs with packages before our opponents are confirmed. Surely Saints.
I know that for European games we have to set aside a certain % of tickets for the opposition. Is this the case with premiership knock out or do we just keep selling till their gone.
bendy

Post by bendy »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:24 pm maybe the club should contact all the local clubs with packages before our opponents are confirmed.
Tigers have just done exactly this for my club. No idea how many other clubs have been contacted though.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Thanks Bendy: that’s great to hear as I’m sure many clubs have players who’d like to support the Tigers now their season is over. I know some will be playing cricket now but my friend sends his son with his rugby club friends as they can travel in from the same area. He jokingly tells me to nip to the front of the Crumbie to tell him off if he’s being disrespectful!!!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:21 pm The most ridiculous thing was that the premiership rugby website was still showing 2pm and 5pm kick off times after Tigers had put the new times on their website - PRC and BT should have confirmed the kick off's months ago.
Tricky until you know which teams are finishing in which position and which will draw the biggest TV audience depending on who is at home and away and clashes with other local events that the Police may veto & which times can be used for traffic or other reasons.
But once the top 2 teams have been determined it ought to be possible. But Tigers v Saints would be the biggest draw with traffic implications but had Quins come in the top 2 they might have considered Twickenham to get a bigger crowd?
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

mol2 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:40 pm
GETHIN EXILE wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 1:21 pm The most ridiculous thing was that the premiership rugby website was still showing 2pm and 5pm kick off times after Tigers had put the new times on their website - PRC and BT should have confirmed the kick off's months ago.
Tricky until you know which teams are finishing in which position and which will draw the biggest TV audience depending on who is at home and away and clashes with other local events that the Police may veto & which times can be used for traffic or other reasons.
But once the top 2 teams have been determined it ought to be possible. But Tigers v Saints would be the biggest draw with traffic implications but had Quins come in the top 2 they might have considered Twickenham to get a bigger crowd?
I know TV has a big say in when the matches are but it always used to be that the semi's were played at the same time as each other with coverage on 2 channels.

I'm pretty certain Quins are only allowed to use Twickenham for a limited number of games in any season and have already used it this season.

As the semis are after the end of the football season surely the games could be screened at 3pm on a saturday on 2 channels.
However my biggest complaint is that between the competition organisers and the TV company they couldn't put out the correct timing information from the word go.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:32 pm
mol2 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:40 pm
I know TV has a big say in when the matches are but it always used to be that the semi's were played at the same time as each other with coverage on 2 channels.

I'm pretty certain Quins are only allowed to use Twickenham for a limited number of games in any season and have already used it this season.

As the semis are after the end of the football season surely the games could be screened at 3pm on a saturday on 2 channels.
However my biggest complaint is that between the competition organisers and the TV company they couldn't put out the correct timing information from the word go.
Been split for a while though right? Memory goes as far back as us losing to Wasps at the Ricoh and we turned up early and watched Chiefs v Sarries on the big screen first
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer