Super User
Super User

Re: Premiership Semi Final Play Off

Post by Rugbygramps »

mightymouse wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:55 pm Tickets on sale tomorrow

“Special” prices for season ticket holders

Looks like they listened

No way are we not packing out this stadium this time
Excellent news if they have, and if it’s a local derby they’ll be swinging from the rafters
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

There were special prices for season ticket holders against Leinster but some supporters thought the game should be on the season ticket, no doubt the same people will say the same again.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:18 pm There were special prices for season ticket holders against Leinster but some supporters thought the game should be on the season ticket, no doubt the same people will say the same again.
Not sure how these people think that a game that is not guaranteed at the beginning of the season can be included in a season ticket. But there you go takes all sorts
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Damned if I know how they think that but some do, I was talking to a guy just yesterday that said that he wasn't prepared to pay £40 extra for his seat, I questioned that amount and learned that he had ignored the time scale given for season ticket holders to buy at a reduced price and was upset that when trying to purchase a couple of days before the match he was asked for the full amount. I just hope we get a near sell out with great vocal support for our team but without a band or speakers trying to lead it.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

:smt017 There were special prices for season ticket holders against Leinster too...

Our last home Prem semi final was in 2013, the attendance was 20,243.

I'm not sure where this idea that we should be able to sell out knock out matches at WR has come from, because it just doesn't happen. I'm not sure we have ever even reached 21,000 for a knock out game at WR.

Other clubs are struggling to find 10,000 fans to attend a game, and we're getting annoyed with the club because they haven't been able to find 25,000 people to pay to come to WR.

25,000 people is quite a lot of people and club rugby really isn't very popular.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:45 pm :smt017 There were special prices for season ticket holders against Leinster too...

Our last home Prem semi final was in 2013, the attendance was 20,243.

I'm not sure where this idea that we should be able to sell out knock out matches at WR has come from, because it just doesn't happen. I'm not sure we have ever even reached 21,000 for a knock out game at WR.

Other clubs are struggling to find 10,000 fans to attend a game, and we're getting annoyed with the club because they haven't been able to find 25,000 people to pay to come to WR.

25,000 people is quite a lot of people and club rugby really isn't very popular.
Totally agree especially in early June. Some old duffers like me still think the season ends on April 30th except 7s
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

As it’s likely to be one hell of a showdown v Saints it will be a sell out.
If it is Saints their fans will turn up in their droves expecting to get revenge.
If it happens everyone will want to be there!
No disrespect Gloucester but I cannot see you beating Quins on 21 May.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:44 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:18 pm There were special prices for season ticket holders against Leinster but some supporters thought the game should be on the season ticket, no doubt the same people will say the same again.
Not sure how these people think that a game that is not guaranteed at the beginning of the season can be included in a season ticket. But there you go takes all sorts
That’s one thing I definitely agree with! Iirc it was always all home league games,group stage home games and LV cup home games. Was there a home friendly thrown in too at one stage?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:18 pm As it’s likely to be one hell of a showdown v Saints it will be a sell out.
If it is Saints their fans will turn up in their droves expecting to get revenge.
If it happens everyone will want to be there!
No disrespect Gloucester but I cannot see you beating Quins on 21 May.
If Tigers can get the tickets onto general sale before the opposition is confirmed it may also help the crowd be a bit more pro Tigers, as well as approaching asell out
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
watsonjm
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by watsonjm »

Price same as last time on the terrace as far as I can see?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Encouragingly, the ticket office is experiencing "a high volume of calls".
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Had to queue online a while, but have bought mine. £22 each compared to £30 for the Leinster game (or £38 had I left it too late). This is for the Mattioli Woods Stand.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Good marketing. Whip up some excitement with new signings, next day put tickets on sale
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Have they announced the actual game day & time?
To win is not as important as playing with style!