Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Decisions Decisions

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:21 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:14 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:01 pm Possibly a good time to point out that Scott is not currently a season ticket holder nor does he have a BT subscription on which to watch the games. I wonder if either of these was a financial based decision
Not at all no! There's a tad of elitism creeping in with posters on here and I don't like that! I had 3 ST ,myself,Son and Father. Father got older, Son went to University and Japan and i had work commitments. Used to give my ST away if anyone couldn't make it, and NEVER asked for a penny for them. I'd rather someone in there enjoying the game and having a beer or 3 and a burger, but that's just me!
As for BT ,I've got Sky Sports instead, better deal and I enjoy a variety of sports.

I mean excuse me for trying to get new people involved in our game or trying to help less well off families enjoy a great day out at WR. How dare I!
But would you agree that there is a certain element of irony in your criticism of people not wanting to increase the clubs profitability, when you appear to do nothing yourself.
Also you can have BT as well as sky sports through Sky and Virgin. Just fyi
Who said i didn't want to increase profits?! My whole points is that you CAN STILL do that with discounted tickets. So I'm not allowed to have a say either now because at present I'm not putting any money in the coffers?! Hahaha proves my point exactly
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:24 pm

Not at all no! There's a tad of elitism creeping in with posters on here and I don't like that! I had 3 ST ,myself,Son and Father. Father got older, Son went to University and Japan and i had work commitments. Used to give my ST away if anyone couldn't make it, and NEVER asked for a penny for them. I'd rather someone in there enjoying the game and having a beer or 3 and a burger, but that's just me!
As for BT ,I've got Sky Sports instead, better deal and I enjoy a variety of sports.

I mean excuse me for trying to get new people involved in our game or trying to help less well off families enjoy a great day out at WR. How dare I!
But would you agree that there is a certain element of irony in your criticism of people not wanting to increase the clubs profitability, when you appear to do nothing yourself.
You get BT through Sky Sports? You're joking!
Certainly could up to 7 years ago if things have changed then I apologise
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:32 pm
Certainly could up to 7 years ago if things have changed then I apologise
Nope, nothing's changed, I subscribe to BT Sports through Sky.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

BT Sport is available through the Sky platform and charged to your BT account. This is the method that I use. With BT Broadband you used to have it included but at a reduced cost on Skys platform. Now it is sold seperately. Virgin customers have it as part of their package I believe.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Thank you both as I moved into a new property 7 years ago Virgin cable was already installed so I have stuck with them.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:42 pm Thank you both as I moved into a new property 7 years ago Virgin cable was already installed so I have stuck with them.
I have Sky Sports through NOW TV,it works out cheaper. They always have deals on
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:49 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:42 pm Thank you both as I moved into a new property 7 years ago Virgin cable was already installed so I have stuck with them.
I have Sky Sports through NOW TV,it works out cheaper. They always have deals on
So your decision is based financially
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:51 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:49 pm
So your decision is based financially
No it's called value for money. Why wouldn't i get the same thing if it was cheaper,I'd be an idiot to pay more money for the same thing wouldn't you say? And it's not my point at all about the Leinster tickets if that's what you are trying to get at? 😉
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:27 pm
Who said i didn't want to increase profits?! My whole points is that you CAN STILL do that with discounted tickets. So I'm not allowed to have a say either now because at present I'm not putting any money in the coffers?! Hahaha proves my point exactly
True that's your opinion, and a late reduction in cost may have made more money for that one game, but as many others have pointed out there are good arguments (whether you agree with them or not) that say there are long term issues with doing this that may reduce future revenue. Essentially those at the club who made the decision, fell in line of the views of me, Tiglon et al.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I think the club might have overpriced the tickets in the context of short notice & not an ideal k.o. time for many, that is certainly something the club should look into better, a lower cost "might" overcome some of the negatives.

As for discounted tickets it should work the other way as per transport (& to a lesser level these days Gig)..buy early get the discount, the nearer the match it's higher, pay on the day top whack. You definitely don't want your regulars who buy early to pay more than someone who gambles up at a minute to kick off.

As for season ticket holder, only worth having one if you can actually go to enough games, it was a lot easier when it was basically 1500hrs Saturday every week, with the bigger ground it's not as hard to get a ticket at present apart from maybe the Saints & Xmas games.

& on the TV issues I have BT through Virgin took it up when the games were all on during the initial Covid period, but will consider my options in the near future. I only watch Tigers games (there just aren't enough hours in the week), plus Dayglo & Doyle make some games nearly unwatchable.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

My BT Sports - all channels - is bundled with all Sky sports that I rarely want. They threw in Netflix and a couple of other things as well.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Like John the griff, I too have rarely missed a home game in the last 40 years and, apart from when the teams I coached at school played on Saturdays, have tried to get to as many away games as possible but only made the quarter finals ( Leinster away) and Finals away in Europe.
Compared to clubs like Bath, Saints( until they realised the folly of their price hikes)
I’ve always found Tigers and most Premiership clubs very fair in the way they price tickets: often if you get the tickets early enough you can get some great deals.
As for Leinster and the Premiership Semis if fans don’t turn up its their choice and reflects the difference between rugby and football! I doubt City fans would turn out in force for such games as we will have had this year.
My wife and have been to all the Tigers’ Finals except Leinster( I was Best Man at a family wedding!! Even then I tried to get to Edingborough before sense prevailed).
Games like Leinster, this year’s Premiership should be cherished but also it’s a chance to support and thank the players for their incredible effort and devotion.
On the other hand, if you don’t go to the matches I’d find it hard to comment on performances. Some of course can’t go because of illness, mobility problems.
True support is sticking by your team: yes, there are times I have got, and will get frustrated when we lose, but afterwards I want to get to the next game to get behind them.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:20 pm Like John the griff, I too have rarely missed a home game in the last 40 years and, apart from when the teams I coached at school played on Saturdays, have tried to get to as many away games as possible but only made the quarter finals ( Leinster away) and Finals away in Europe.
Compared to clubs like Bath, Saints( until they realised the folly of their price hikes)
I’ve always found Tigers and most Premiership clubs very fair in the way they price tickets: often if you get the tickets early enough you can get some great deals.
As for Leinster and the Premiership Semis if fans don’t turn up its their choice and reflects the difference between rugby and football! I doubt City fans would turn out in force for such games as we will have had this year.
My wife and have been to all the Tigers’ Finals except Leinster( I was Best Man at a family wedding!! Even then I tried to get to Edingborough before sense prevailed).
Games like Leinster, this year’s Premiership should be cherished but also it’s a chance to support and thank the players for their incredible effort and devotion.
On the other hand, if you don’t go to the matches I’d find it hard to comment on performances. Some of course can’t go because of illness, mobility problems.
True support is sticking by your team: yes, there are times I have got, and will get frustrated when we lose, but afterwards I want to get to the next game to get behind them.
That does read as if you don't go to WR you aren't a real fan or able to pass comment...
To win is not as important as playing with style!