Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Ruck post 'Most Overrated' team

Post by jgriffin »

https://www.ruck.co.uk/most-overrated-x ... roversial/

Wouldn't be too keen on facing the 11-14 line up. How :censored: is this article?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Ruck post 'Most Overrated' team

Post by Scott1 »

No AWJ?!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

:censored: article but tbf if you listen to fans those players get made to seem very overrated.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:32 pmNo AWJ?!
Agree with you, as did my youngest who was at school with him.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Definitely a few agendas in that list...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
peteD

Post by peteD »

Obviously clickbate designed to get ‘engagement’ rather than any sensible journalism
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

As for the article, tripe or not, it is getting 'clicks' and time (which is what 'ruck' aim for - and spreading their views - some may view it as 'gospel truth' others see it for the Equine Apples it normally is) because people are giving the carp the time of day. Not clicked it myself as OP showed 'ruck' - enough to put me off in the first place (learned that lesson a long time ago - each to their own of course), bound to be biased (wanted to put bigoted but some may have an issue with that) through the item :smt003
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:00 pm As for the article, tripe or not, it is getting 'clicks' and time (which is what 'ruck' aim for - and spreading their views - some may view it as 'gospel truth' others see it for the Equine Apples it normally is) because people are giving the carp the time of day. Not clicked it myself as OP showed 'ruck' - enough to put me off in the first place (learned that lesson a long time ago - each to their own of course), bound to be biased (wanted to put bigoted but some may have an issue with that) through the item :smt003
Agree there. Pops up now and again in news or Twotter, almost always complete rubbish.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Hmm
Castro, Ben Youngs and Parisse?

Castro was world class, Youngs has 100+ caps under umpteen England coaches (and Lions) and Parisse would be in my team any day. If any had performed to the same level for New Zealand they would be legends. As for Castro and Parisse I can only assume the author can’t comprehend that big fish are occasionally found in small ponds.

A fit Tuillagi would walk into any international side. May be past his best and ultimately blighted by injury but that doesn’t change the facts. Possibly the most feared back in world rugby.

Ashton good, not the greatest but probably the best at running supporting lines I have seen which explains the number of tries. How many more tries would he have to score to not be overrated? Will Saturday have elevated Varndell into that elite group?

Jenkins, North and Henson I agree. If they played for England rather than Wales they would have been rapidly forgotten. Chabal a crowd pleaser at club level but at the very top he was found wanting.
Last edited by mol2 on Sun May 01, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Castro was genuinely world class as was Parisse.
A2O
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Parisse is overrated. Not saying he isn't a good player, but when a number 8 is being praised for losing his team a match by trying to kick a drop goal in the final play, you know there's no correlation between performance and pundits' opinions.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Tiglon wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 am Parisse is overrated. Not saying he isn't a good player, but when a number 8 is being praised for losing his team a match by trying to kick a drop goal in the final play, you know there's no correlation between performance and pundits' opinions.
Right so you’re saying if you make a mistake in a game then you’re not world class. In that case nobody is world class.
A2O
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ay2oh wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:00 am
Tiglon wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 am Parisse is overrated. Not saying he isn't a good player, but when a number 8 is being praised for losing his team a match by trying to kick a drop goal in the final play, you know there's no correlation between performance and pundits' opinions.
Right so you’re saying if you make a mistake in a game then you’re not world class. In that case nobody is world class.
Nope, didn't even say he isn't world class. I'm saying that when you are praised for making a (massive) mistake, as if it was a moment of genius, then that is the definition of overrated.
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

The only one who even gets close for me is O’Mahonny
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Cipriani is about right for me but even then at Club level he was fantastic for 2-3 years maybe more

Sam Burgess is the obvious one not included, maybe Andy Farrell too