EPCR Quarter finals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: EPCR Quarter finals

Post by wigworth »

Racing turned on the gas in the second half and ran away with it 42-22.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Old Hob wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:40 pm The commentators have acknowledged that the French TV director is "reluctant" to show any Racing indiscretions but they also seemed to imply that they have control over what the TMO sees. Is that true? If it is, it needs changing immediately.
The fact that it is often mentioned by the commentators I guess it has some truth to it, these issues rarely seem to manifest in other countries but the French TV director thing does seem to have become a trope.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

See they've scrapped off the two legged format in the last 16 of the Champions Cup next year. Gonna be a one week turn around from last 16 to the QF's, will be tight if you wanted to book tickets to a possible away leg in South Africa for example.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:31 pm See they've scrapped off the two legged format in the last 16 of the Champions Cup next year. Gonna be a one week turn around from last 16 to the QF's, will be tight if you wanted to book tickets to a possible away leg in South Africa for example.
Shame I can see the logic behind it but those 2nd legs certainly added something imo
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Thinking about next years tournament already. Really hope we draw The Bulls. Louw,Brink,Coetzee v Liebenberg,MVS,Weise might make my head explode 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:32 am Thinking about next years tournament already. Really hope we draw The Bulls. Louw,Brink,Coetzee v Liebenberg,MVS,Weise might make my head explode 😂
Here’s hoping :smt023
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Owing to the shake-up of the new tournament currently being discussed in Ireland and the world cup expanding to 24 nations when held in the US in 2031, plus an additional last 16 competition I do not think there is any prospect of SA teams joining the European Cup
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Dates for next year for EPRC announced:

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/or ... ext-season
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:16 pm Dates for next year for EPRC announced:

So 4 weekends of pool games would indicate 2 options for me. Either pools of 5 where each team plays the other one once, 2 away 2 home, or groups of 4 where your team plays all the teams in another group I.e. a team in group A plays all the teams group B. Groups of 3 wouldn’t work as not enough weekends
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:24 pm
Old Hob wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:16 pm Dates for next year for EPRC announced:

So 4 weekends of pool games would indicate 2 options for me. Either pools of 5 where each team plays the other one once, 2 away 2 home, or groups of 4 where your team plays all the teams in another group I.e. a team in group A plays all the teams group B. Groups of 3 wouldn’t work as not enough weekends
OR exactly the same format as this year. As they haven't decided yet, we'll have to wait and see 🙂
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Old Hob wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:10 pm Owing to the shake-up of the new tournament currently being discussed in Ireland and the world cup expanding to 24 nations when held in the US in 2031, plus an additional last 16 competition I do not think there is any prospect of SA teams joining the European Cup
Good!!
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:10 pm Owing to the shake-up of the new tournament currently being discussed in Ireland and the world cup expanding to 24 nations when held in the US in 2031, plus an additional last 16 competition I do not think there is any prospect of SA teams joining the European Cup
Gutted! I'm sure they will end up in there at some point
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Genuine question, do you have any evidence to back your thoughts up? Personally, i dont see anything in the proposed new international timetable having any bearing on who competes in the European Cup. News articles as recent as 1st May were talking about SA teams joining as pretty much a done deal.