QF tickets

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

QF tickets

Post by kpb »

Sorry if already spoken about on here, it has been a long time since my last visit.

I have my tickets for the QF but have noticed online their is still thousands available!?

I was shocked to see so many remaining tickets for such a big game! Any ideas of why or even how this is possible?
Last edited by kpb on Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
bendy

Re: QF tickets

Post by bendy »

It'll be hugely disappointing if we don't get close to a sell-out for this one. Biggest game at the club for what, five seasons now? More?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

bendy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:48 pm It'll be hugely disappointing if we don't get close to a sell-out for this one. Biggest game at the club for what, five seasons now? More?
I was actually shocked to see many available!

Would be embarrassing to see such a empty stadium
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Don’t forget not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to a) afford a season ticket or b) afford a one-off ticket. In the grand scheme of things, food, energy bills etc are taking up a lot of people’s budget at the moment. Sorry for putting a dampener on it, but there you go.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

kpb wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:35 pm Sorry if already spoken about on here, it has been a long time since my last visit.

I have my tickets for the QF but have noticed online their is still thousands available!?

I was shocked to see so many remaining tickets for such a big game! Any ideas of why or even how this is possible?
to be honest the kick off time will put some people off. Don't know how may Leinster supporters will travel
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:32 pm Don’t forget not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to a) afford a season ticket or b) afford a one-off ticket. In the grand scheme of things, food, energy bills etc are taking up a lot of people’s budget at the moment. Sorry for putting a dampener on it, but there you go.
This I think. Not included in the season tickets don’t know ticket prices off the top of my head but I would imagine for a couple minimum £50 before an spending on the day.
Disappointed if we don’t get 18000 not many more maybe
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:54 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:32 pm Don’t forget not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to a) afford a season ticket or b) afford a one-off ticket. In the grand scheme of things, food, energy bills etc are taking up a lot of people’s budget at the moment. Sorry for putting a dampener on it, but there you go.
This I think. Not included in the season tickets don’t know ticket prices off the top of my head but I would imagine for a couple minimum £50 before an spending on the day.
£67 for my 86 year old Dad and myself on the Terrace, purchased on general sale, so with a couple of beers each and travel - close to £100.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I had to think about it first, but it ended up being £100 for a family of four in our normal ST seats. Having the semi-final the week after isn't ideal either; that's two significant outlays in two weeks for some people.

As for the play-offs...

As you both say, I think a bit of realism and context will be needed around all attendances not included in the season ticket . They could appear to be really disappointing.
Last edited by Hot_Charlie on Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

With increase in the cost of living, energy, fuel, some peoples priorities will not include rugby or being selective on which matches to attend.

https://news.sky.com/story/cost-of-livi ... s-12601601
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
alistu

Post by alistu »

Don't forget the price from Leinster could be prohibitive. Late after noon kick off' plane fare plus most probable hotel accommodation etc. drinks and other food, makes a very expensive weekend for the Irish.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Last home Champions Cup quarter final was Stade Francais in 2016, attendance was 20,866 - I can't remember what the capacity was at the time but there were 1,500 more supporters at the Gloucester game a week earlier. Even the semi at the City Ground was only 22,000 so I suppose these non-season-ticket knock out games are usually not sell outs anyway, regardless of cost of living etc.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

alistu wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:04 pm Don't forget the price from Leinster could be prohibitive. Late after noon kick off' plane fare plus most probable hotel accommodation etc. drinks and other food, makes a very expensive weekend for the Irish.
Away trips are very expensive, our 2 to Clermont came to nearly £1000, we have supporters that go to every home and away matches, they must spend a fortune. Leinster usuall have a large travelling fan base, I bet many are leaving it late to book, Im sure we will have more or less a sellout. Take me home to Welford Road, Leicester Tigers. :smt035 :smt034 :smt041
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

We are going but I know fans who aren’t as 5:30 impacts on family life especially if there are young ones at home.
Think the prices are reasonable.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

For 2 tickets in our normal seats it is a "special price ST early booking" of £50 each plus a booking fee whatever that is for given they are e-tickets. We are fortunate to be able to go, but for many it will be about choices at the moment.
As Good As It Gets
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

In my experience, if there are spare seats, they’ll be filled by travelling Irish support by match day
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….