Weekend Games - 29th April to 1st May 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Re: Weekend Games - 29th April to 1st May 2022

Post by westwinds31 »

What a finish 42-42 !! Penalty try to Irish at the death. 25 points down at one point.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Much more convinced by Henry Arundell after today that was quality
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:53 pm What a finish 42-42 !! Penalty try to Irish at the death. 25 points down at one point.
Incredible comeback!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:55 pm Much more convinced by Henry Arundell after today that was quality
Give him a season to work on his positioning, high ball, and kicking, and then Freddie will have some competition for the England 15 shirt.

(Also hoping Tommy Freeman can kick on and displace Furbank - who I don’t rate - and it was good to see Malins get the Saracens fullback spot this weekend.)
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:12 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:55 pm Much more convinced by Henry Arundell after today that was quality
Give him a season to work on his positioning, high ball, and kicking, and then Freddie will have some competition for the England 15 shirt.

(Also hoping Tommy Freeman can kick on and displace Furbank - who I don’t rate - and it was good to see Malins get the Saracens fullback spot this weekend.)
Competition is a great thing. I only saw the highlights from yesterday but Steward seems to have found his footwork and maybe gained an extra yard of pace. Agree about the other 2.
Most impressive things for me with Arundell today was how he changed the game around. His try was great, but the was he just straightened the line and gave a perfect pass for Hassell Collins was top drawer. Made something difficult look very easy
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:17 pm Competition is a great thing. I only saw the highlights from yesterday but Steward seems to have found his footwork and maybe gained an extra yard of pace. Agree about the other 2.
Most impressive things for me with Arundell today was how he changed the game around. His try was great, but the was he just straightened the line and gave a perfect pass for Hassell Collins was top drawer. Made something difficult look very easy
I think you’re right about Steward. Which he needs to do to become (even more of) the complete package.

Arundell’s speed allows him to make that outside arc and then straighten up, a very good skill to have. Next season he might displace Tom Parton to the bench.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Irish brought on their replacements: most of them had played against us in the cup semi and they looked a different team.
Wasps eased off, made changes thinking 25 points up guaranteed a win.
Hope we beat Wasps at home as they really beat us up at there place when for the first time ever I felt cold at a rugby game: there was nothing in Tigers’ performance that day to warm me!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:35 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:17 pm Competition is a great thing. I only saw the highlights from yesterday but Steward seems to have found his footwork and maybe gained an extra yard of pace. Agree about the other 2.
I think you’re right about Steward. Which he needs to do to become (even more of) the complete package.

Arundell’s speed allows him to make that outside arc and then straighten up, a very good skill to have. Next season he might displace Tom Parton to the bench.
Would be interesting if that happened I think they are both brilliant talents that need to be playing regular top class rugby
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:35 pm Irish brought on their replacements: most of them had played against us in the cup semi and they looked a different team.
Wasps eased off, made changes thinking 25 points up guaranteed a win.
Hope we beat Wasps at home as they really beat us up at there place when for the first time ever I felt cold at a rugby game: there was nothing in Tigers’ performance that day to warm me!
Was that the previous season Ian. Lose at there place was a 3 pointer, when if memory serves me correctly we should have had the winning try twice, once a penalty try from a scrum and one when Lenny took the tap penalty.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

As soon as Gopperth came off Wasps lost it.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:45 pm As soon as Gopperth came off Wasps lost it.
Very impressive for a 38 year old isn’t he. Didn’t realise he had bought the company that makes his kicking tee.
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:40 pm

Would be interesting if that happened I think they are both brilliant talents that need to be playing regular top class rugby
The pacey fullbacks often play wing in international rugby and could see Arundell going that way as well.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

SthrnTiger wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 8:27 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:40 pm

The pacey fullbacks often play wing in international rugby and could see Arundell going that way as well.
You must be mistaken, full backs can't play on the wing :smt017 :smt044