Who should be kicking goals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Who should be kicking goals

Post by Ian Cant »

And I remember a Peter Wheeler knocking a few over!
If Ford is carrying an injury then in my humble view he doesn’t play.
His kicking to touch was off too and the Quins’ fans sat around me kept saying how lucky they were to be playing an off form a Ford.
Bristol played very well v Gloucester and will probably play a similar game to Quins.
Massive game: in fact a must win which makes Bristol even more dangerous!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:12 pm And I remember a Peter Wheeler knocking a few over!
If Ford is carrying an injury then in my humble view he doesn’t play.
His kicking to touch was off too and the Quins’ fans sat around me kept saying how lucky they were to be playing an off form a Ford.
Bristol played very well v Gloucester and will probably play a similar game to Quins.
Massive game: in fact a must win which makes Bristol even more dangerous!
Did Bristol play well or were Gloucester poor. They are going to be short of numbers in midfield and frankly their pack is average. Should be a 5 point win, though I’m not sure how as it’s a must win game that makes Bristol even more dangerous :smt017
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by northerntiger »

Its a must win for us, not really for them. I would say that makes us more dangerous.....
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

northerntiger wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:34 am Its a must win for us, not really for them. I would say that makes us more dangerous.....
Agreed result doesn’t really matter to them in terms of league position baring a miracle they will be in the European challenge cup next season
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Slightly off-topic, but who remembers when wingers were the line-out throwers? It seems to me that kicking or throwing it should be the best at it rather than because of the number (letter) on your back.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Old Hob wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:12 am Slightly off-topic, but who remembers when wingers were the line-out throwers? It seems to me that kicking or throwing it should be the best at it rather than because of the number (letter) on your back.
I’m wanting to say it was during the 70s when hookers started to throw the ball in. It was very much our own Peter Wheeler who turned it into a skill rather than a chuck and hope
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

To add to John Eales as goal kicking forwards I can add Allan Martin and John Taylor of Wales and Peter Brown of Scotland (Gordon Brown’s brother … no not THAT Gordon Brown) .. all around the time when Gerald Davies et al were lobbing the ball into the lineout in a very different style to nowadays… ah the 70s … wonderful!!
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Not relevant right now but Jimmy Gopperth is a very good goal-kicker. We'll have JG, Burns and Pollard next season. Decent options
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

Didnt Ben Youngs Kick five or Six against South Africa ? Maybe he could give it a go
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

I’m with you on that one Old Hob 👍
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

dunks43 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:41 am Didnt Ben Youngs Kick five or Six against South Africa ? Maybe he could give it a go
There last time he kicked at goal competitively