Bristol (Home) - 30th April 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ashurstwoodtiger

Re: Bristol (Home) - 30th April 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Listening on Radio heard origin Country Road beinging played maybe now to get OUR Version recorded and played after / before game. Tom will most probably be cited for his English language slip up.
We are ready bring em on MWWR ia waiting and ready
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Fair play to Pat Lam, trying take amends here possibly? Praised the WR crowd, wished Tom Youngs well and us good luck in Europe next week. Good on him
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:53 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:45 pm I couldn’t care less about conceding the TBP,I’m just excited to see Lams post match interview 😉
Waiting for it now. That result won't have done Lam's ticker any good :smt002
He was quite complimentary overall, great fans, Tigers a great team but the scoreboard didn't reflect the effort and they were punished for some individual errors.

"We'll bounce back"

Had a few nice words to say about OTY and wished Tigers well carrying the Prem torch in Europe next week.

Did look a bit like someone had put vinegar in his water bottle :smt005 :smt005
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:00 pm Listening on Radio heard origin Country Road beinging played maybe now to get OUR Version recorded and played after / before game. Tom will most probably be cited for his English language slip up.
We are ready bring em on MWWR ia waiting and ready
What was this, I must have missed something?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Anyone got the tackle stats? Moroni was like a rash!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Was a MOTM given? I must have missed it on the broadcast.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Ashton interviewed afterwards, he really speaks well. Easier to like him when he's wearing your colours :smt002

A slight reference to earlier 'troubles' maybe, when he's in an environment he likes and where he feels everyone is pushing and wants to get better then he's happy. Had no hesitation in coming to Tigers from the moment SB called him.

Possibly a culture at some of those other clubs wasn't as 'driven' as he wanted and easier to blame the player. Who knows, I'm sure it wasn't as cut and dried as that in reality, old news maybe.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:09 pm Ashton interviewed afterwards, he really speaks well. Easier to like him when he's wearing your colours :smt002

A slight reference to earlier 'troubles' maybe, when he's in an environment he likes and where he feels everyone is pushing and wants to get better then he's happy. Had no hesitation in coming to Tigers from the moment SB called him.

Possibly a culture at some of those other clubs wasn't as 'driven' as he wanted and easier to blame the player. Who knows, I'm sure it wasn't as cut and dried as that in reality, old news maybe.
I actually really like this about him. I've heard a few interviews with him about this and basically he didn't want to be in a side where the aspirations weren't particularly high. He's admitted to making mistakes but he's said himself he needs to be in a disciplined environment where the expectation is to win.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

wigworth wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:08 pm Was a MOTM given? I must have missed it on the broadcast.
I think it was Ashton but every player was superb. I thought Moroni and Tommy were just brilliant and I love Hanro - never has a bad game. Ford's tactical kicking was on the money and Freddie dominated in the air. Ben Youngs had his best game for a while and dominated his battle with Randall. Wiese was awesome, the seconds rows were pretty much perfect and the front row set the platform. Harry Potter was outstanding and Porter seemed to make metres with every carry. Apart from that....no-one really stood out for me :smt040
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I couldn't be at game today, great win and great comments on here, especially nice to read the good comments about Dickson.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

A good win, but Borthers knows full well that next week will be much more demanding and Tigers’ defence will have to be much better than it was this afternoon.
Semper in excretia
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 pm A good win, but Borthers knows full well that next week will be much more demanding and Tigers’ defence will have to be much better than it was this afternoon.
I agree but I think it'll be a very different game. We played a wide, expansive game - I doubt we'll play in a similar style next weekend.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:35 pm A good win, but Borthers knows full well that next week will be much more demanding and Tigers’ defence will have to be much better than it was this afternoon.
Execution of chances (lineouts in red zone for example) will have to be right on the money too, cannot afford to waste chances against a Province of Leinster's quality. Fordy will hopefully sharpen his kicking sights too, every single point will be critical.

Sounds harsh after today's score/result but it's a reality. SB, KS, AW and the players will be better aware of what's needed than this armchair pundit :smt002 :smt003
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Whitecaps cannot recall exactly but was an expressive expletive I think it began with either a B or a F
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Great win! :smt030