Simon Cohen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

Re: Simon Cohen

Post by dunks43 »

I take it , he doesnt want to thank Peter Tom for keeping him in employment for 17 years
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:09 am Ok, assumed this was from a year or two ago, but had a look on his LinkedIn profile... wait a minute - we've been paying him to be on Gardening Leave for TWO YEARS?!

Speechless. :smt011
On the other hand, someone who - as a Chief Exec - might not actually have wanted to be on gardening leave. 2 years is a long time depending on the T&Cs of the "break" to not necessarily be able to function in your core business.

I've had fallow periods in my line of work, and at times it was soul destroying.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:00 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:09 am Ok, assumed this was from a year or two ago, but had a look on his LinkedIn profile... wait a minute - we've been paying him to be on Gardening Leave for TWO YEARS?!

On the other hand, someone who - as a Chief Exec - might not actually have wanted to be on gardening leave. 2 years is a long time depending on the T&Cs of the "break" to not necessarily be able to function in your core business.

I've had fallow periods in my line of work, and at times it was soul destroying.
Like I said before, that's not aimed at Cohen, clearly the club have created the situation. You would hope that the club would have been very keen to get Cohen off the books ASAP rather than forcing him to stay on gardening leave, but nothing would surprise me...
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiglon wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:25 pm

Like I said before, that's not aimed at Cohen, clearly the club have created the situation. You would hope that the club would have been very keen to get Cohen off the books ASAP rather than forcing him to stay on gardening leave, but nothing would surprise me...
Indeed. I think the more interesting point is "why" two years? Was McGinity and his address/contacts book told to take the same?

Seems quite long. Even F1 engine gurus don't have to take that long when poached by competing teams!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:15 pm
Tiglon wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:25 pm

Indeed. I think the more interesting point is "why" two years? Was McGinity and his address/contacts book told to take the same?

Seems quite long. Even F1 engine gurus don't have to take that long when poached by competing teams!
It could be they didn't have the lump sum available to pay him off, due to epidemic and lack of cash flow, they might have had to drag it out onto a monthly basis.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

All I can say is thank goodness for Andrea Pinchen. Far more transparent and a team player.
To be fair to Cohen he did sometimes stand with the fans but I never felt in interviews, forum meetings he ever answered questions with any clarity or honesty! Just me.
Thanks again Andrea and Steve Borthwick to restoring togetherness and pride in the club.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

The transparency has been rather lacking recently from the club.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:11 pm The transparency has been rather lacking recently from the club.
Other than player availability, which Borthwick has stated as a policy, not sure where else this can apply
Super User
Super User

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:15 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:11 pm The transparency has been rather lacking recently from the club.
Other than player availability, which Borthwick has stated as a policy, not sure where else this can apply
In this matter & the Salary Cap Issue, more could of been said regardless of any NDAs.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:17 pm
In this matter & the Salary Cap Issue, more could of been said regardless of any NDAs.
Agree to disagree we don’t know what confidentiality clauses were involved until both sides were ready. Also the club had probably thought the Cohen issue was done and dusted, but Cohen has reignited the issue
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:29 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:17 pm

Agree to disagree we don’t know what confidentiality clauses were involved until both sides were ready. Also the club had probably thought the Cohen issue was done and dusted, but Cohen has reignited the issue

As have we, by speculating about it
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

According to 'The Rugby Paper' Simon Cohen about to take up a position with Green Room Sports as a players agent...
Former Green Room CEO Richard Wilkes now Leicester Head of Recruitment whilst the company represents (amongst others) Steve Borthwick and Chris Ashton.
As Fissler comments :
"Small world...."
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Isn’t Richard Wilkes the brother of Academy Manager Dave Wilkes ?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:17 pm Isn’t Richard Wilkes the brother of Academy Manager Dave Wilkes ?
Yes
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Super User
Super User

kk20gb30 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 3:35 pm According to 'The Rugby Paper' Simon Cohen about to take up a position with Green Room Sports as a players agent...
Former Green Room CEO Richard Wilkes now Leicester Head of Recruitment whilst the company represents (amongst others) Steve Borthwick and Chris Ashton.
As Fissler comments :
"Small world...."
Richard Wilkes who was connected to some of the Image Rights Firms....?
This could all get very complicated....