Europe - Try of the Round

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Europe - Try of the Round

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Vote for your favourite, or critically acclaimed/assessed, Try of the Round from the 2nd leg of Round of 16 matches.

Steward for me - shameless bias and favouritism and I don't care; Leinster's and Toulouse's good too.

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/ ... the-round/
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Europe - Try of the Round

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:08 pm Vote for your favourite, or critically acclaimed/assessed, Try of the Round from the 2nd leg of Round of 16 matches.

Steward for me - shameless bias and favouritism and I don't care; Leinster's and Toulouse's good too.

https://www.epcrugby.com/champions-cup/ ... the-round/
Reckon it'll go to Marchant, but I've voted Steward...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Steward for me but can see Marchant getting it. Smiths dummy was filthy! All great tries though
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:47 pm Steward for me but can see Marchant getting it. Smiths dummy was filthy! All great tries though
Just watched them all and there are some outstanding tries in there.. Quins try was exceptional but can't vote for anyone other than our man! Interesting that after that exceptional break by Potter you can hear Dallaglio saying "it is criminal defending" he really can't find it within himself to praise Tigers can he.. Austin sets him straight with some positive comments about the skill of Potter but it's just typical :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:43 pm Dallaglio saying "it is criminal defending" he really can't find it within himself to praise Tigers can he.. Austin sets him straight with some positive comments about the skill of Potter but it's just typical :smt002
Yeah, Healey jumped in straight away putting him right. Theres usually some poor defending in every great try, but you have to give to the attackers when they're weaving around like that. Just like Smith as well, running across field like that someone should nail him, but his lines are good enough to keep them guessing.

Voted for Steward.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

ads wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:07 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:43 pm Dallaglio saying "it is criminal defending" he really can't find it within himself to praise Tigers can he.. Austin sets him straight with some positive comments about the skill of Potter but it's just typical :smt002
Yeah, Healey jumped in straight away putting him right. Theres usually some poor defending in every great try, but you have to give to the attackers when they're weaving around like that. Just like Smith as well, running across field like that someone should nail him, but his lines are good enough to keep them guessing.

Voted for Steward.
Exactly.. and funny old thing when it’s Smith it’s brilliant running but with Potter it’s criminal defending.. just have to smile :smt002
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

I didn't bother to watch the last game, involving the French clubs but looked at the highlights today.
If you haven't bothered either, have a look at T Vianu's try for Stade. Just as he did for us so many times.
Brilliant.
A life long Tiger