Inappropriate Apparel

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Inappropriate Apparel

Post by sapajo »

Interested to see what my fellow posters think about the suitability of a bloke I saw entering the North Stand wearing a hat that had male genitalia hanging from and extending forward out of it. The shaft like member was mechanically driven to extend in and out. All appendages were anatomically correct. I did not see him again as we were having our bags searched. Given the fact that the ground is supposed to be a family environment how is this acceptable?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Inappropriate Apparel

Post by Scott1 »

sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:45 pm Interested to see what my fellow posters think about the suitability of a bloke I saw entering the North Stand wearing a hat that had male genitalia hanging from and extending forward out of it. The shaft like member was mechanically driven to extend in and out. All appendages were anatomically correct. I did not see him again as we were having our bags searched. Given the fact that the ground is supposed to be a family environment how is this acceptable?
Hahahaha! But belongs on a stag do ,completely the wrong place!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I would agree with you, whether worn as a bet or part of a stag do or not
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Sounds like a stag do joke that got taken too far. Probably should have been confiscated by the gate staff but not a hanging offence.

Only thing is, before the pitchforks are mustered, whether the reaction to this might be used by the killjoys to prevent far cleaner fun...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I do laugh at those that moan about this kind of thing when we've all seen what goes on on rugby tours!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Although I will caveat that there are kids at WR
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm I do laugh at those that moan about this kind of thing when we've all seen what goes on on rugby tours!
For me, when it comes to what is appropriate its the context that is the governing factor.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm I do laugh at those that moan about this kind of thing when we've all seen what goes on on rugby tours!
Tours are usually 18+ though, and shenanigans masterfully guided by the responsible adults so as not to be excessively antisocial to hosting clubs etc.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I did add another post after chaps
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not appropriate at Welford Road. (Other than at a private party in one of the function rooms perhaps)
Schof1990

Post by Schof1990 »

I do understand what you are all saying but I have been to games with young children and even once with my wife and some of the language being used around us was embarrassing. I think you have to see it as just a bit of fun. Otherwise you could offended by a lot of things said and seen at the rugby.