Quins v Leicester - 23rd April 2022 KO 15:00

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Quins v Leicester - 23rd April 2022 KO 15:00

Post by Tiglon »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:49 am I didnt see the game as I was busy at Wembley, am I right to be down with the result?
I wouldn't say so. Full strength Quins team at The Stoop, mix of 1st and 2nd choice Tigers, SB will have learnt a few things about a few players (good and bad) and it could easily have been a Tigers win if Ford had kicked better from the tee or if we'd started with a stronger front row.

For them it was almost like a knockout match whereas for us it was a good warm up for the big games to come.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:55 am
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:49 am I didnt see the game as I was busy at Wembley, am I right to be down with the result?
I wouldn't say so. Full strength Quins team at The Stoop, mix of 1st and 2nd choice Tigers, SB will have learnt a few things about a few players (good and bad) and it could easily have been a Tigers win if Ford had kicked better from the tee or if we'd started with a stronger front row.

For them it was almost like a knockout match whereas for us it was a good warm up for the big games to come.
Excellent summary
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

The loss to Quins does have a small benefit in that it keeps things tight between second and third. With the importance of a home semi it means that Sarries and Quins would be hard pressed to be able to rest players much before the playoffs. With the teams down as low as ninth still in with a chance of top 4, it means that they all have something to play for as well. I suggest that only Bristol, Newcastle, Bath and Worcester can pretty much put their feet up now as far as the league is concerned.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Genge criticised for approaching sir after the game and not being sporting. Hope he wasn't doing a Tom Youngs?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Big Dai wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:04 pm Genge criticised for approaching sir after the game and not being sporting. Hope he wasn't doing a Tom Youngs?
From what I saw Louw was giving Genge some grief and Barnes was one of the ones who ushered Genge away along with Borthwick.
Genge was still visibly annoyed in the clap off tunnel