Tigers v Leinster (H) - Saturday 07th May 2022 - 5-30pm KO

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mol2
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Leinster (H) - Saturday 07th May 2022 - 5-30pm KO

Post by mol2 »

The salary cap is a choice made by the clubs.

The question has to be as to whether it is worth playing in Europe given this voluntary handicap.

If Wales drop to 3 regions then we will have a situation where the games are against the mega bucks French sides and the Wales and Irish training squads. Arguably Ireland have put most of that with with Leinster and if Wales do that with Cardiff, would the English league be better off having it’s own cup competition. Yes it exists as the Low value cup, played in the international windows but was once the equivalent of the FA cup.

Or do we go regions, but that seems to be killing Welsh clubs.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Leinster have used 63 players this season!!?? Wow! What's the number from Tigers (anyone?)
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TBH I have never met an arrogant Irish rugby fan. That’s not to say there aren’t any but they have always seemed on the level to me.
I think RB is right it’s the media thing especially that twonk Doyle who loves anything Irish to the nth degree.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

mol2 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:37 pm The salary cap is a choice made by the clubs.

The question has to be as to whether it is worth playing in Europe given this voluntary handicap.

If Wales drop to 3 regions then we will have a situation where the games are against the mega bucks French sides and the Wales and Irish training squads. Arguably Ireland have put most of that with with Leinster and if Wales do that with Cardiff, would the English league be better off having it’s own cup competition. Yes it exists as the Low value cup, played in the international windows but was once the equivalent of the FA cup.

Regions ha ha ha. Would you support a combined Tigers, Saints and Wasps side. I know I wouldn’t
A2O
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:39 pm TBH I have never met an arrogant Irish rugby fan. That’s not to say there aren’t any but they have always seemed on the level to me.
I think RB is right it’s the media thing especially that twonk Doyle who loves anything Irish to the nth degree.
Doyle is a joke & his continued involvement on BT baffles me, when BOD is about he looks like he is going to wet himself with excitement.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:39 pm TBH I have never met an arrogant Irish rugby fan. That’s not to say there aren’t any but they have always seemed on the level to me.
Never met an arrogant Irish fan, big difference from Welsh.....I lived there, and would go back tomorrow, but the fans 😡
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

ay2oh wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:40 pm
mol2 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:37 pm The salary cap is a choice made by the clubs.

Regions ha ha ha. Would you support a combined Tigers, Saints and Wasps side. I know I wouldn’t
Ah yes, that stalwart of midlands rugby, London Wasps!

I maintain that the atmosphere was the best it has been since I returned to the region and started watching games about 5 years ago. The Crumbie felt busier than when it was supposedly sold out for Clermont. And the ground looked like it was busier than 19000 (was that the official crowd?). My metric is always how close to the back of the north stand there are people sitting and it looked as busy as I’ve seen
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:37 pm Poor effort from the club trying to make money from what was really a one off game.

Shame on them.
A very odd response, if I may say so.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree with RB. Tigers need to take every opportunity to raise revenue after the last two years.
A2O
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

The pricing of tickets doesn’t have to be they should be cheaper- I have no issue with the club maximising revenue. What I don’t get is why, with three days to go before the game, the don’t say something like ‘u18s half price’ etc. You then are filling the ground and will make more money- who benefits from having 5000 empty seats- surely the club makes no money from that!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Dangerous4 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:31 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:37 pm Poor effort from the club trying to make money from what was really a one off game.

Shame on them.
A very odd response, if I may say so.
I'm not sure as I cannot/will not speak for RagingBull but I would guess that their post had a heavy dollop of sarcasm on the side.

All down to interpretation.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ticket pricing is a difficult one. I have no idea what a seat/standing spot has to be sold at to cover the cost but each spectator will have to contribute to all the match day costs which are many and varied. Some would be fixed no matter how many come through the door, electricity for example won’t vary much , some may vary such ad the number of stewards required. Tigers will know what the breakeven point is and that will be their first target. The juggling point is to you set the initial prices lower in the hope that more will come and if they don’t make a loss or set them at a level where you are as certain as possible that you will get that many attending.
Personally I’m very against the idea of decreasing ticket prices once the required number has been reduced. Too much bad blood produced and very different for a one off game than season tickets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Some clubs grade their matches which is reflected in ticket prices. Last nights game was a top grade game and the pricing was justified in my opininion....a top class tournament semi final with top players on both sides
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Maybe the atmosphere was better not only because what was at stake but the travelling support makes the fans wake up and think we’re not being out shouted in our own back yard .
. I often think that the crowd is far too quite and take it all for granted. Also maybe there is an element, dare I say it , that some Season ticket holders who are normally there but not wishing to fork out more are those who just sit a say nothing anyway. Maybe the more committed dug deep .. now that is not to say that there is also real monetary problems at the moment and I fully understand and sympathise with that before I get shot down for it by the way!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Monetary problems can’t be discounted can be a very expensive day. An extra possibility as I type this from the beautiful island of Menorca a holiday I paid the balance for 8 weeks ago. 8 weeks from yesterday is at the start of summer holiday season where people are already committed to large outlays and may not be able to justify what could be seen as a luxury