Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Leinster (H) - Saturday 07th May 2022 - 5-30pm KO

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Pellsey wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:28 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:27 pm I don’t think I’ve ever seen a ref turn down penalty calls from his TJ before and was it like 3 times just in this one game?!
Normally I might applaud this (especially with certqin TMOs), but sir today was just blind and arrogant.
not when he calles a penalty against Leinster when they come away with the ball
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I feel it's the first time Leinster have finished a champions cup game with massive worries.
Racing and La Rochelle are bigger than us and much better finishers than us. Leinster maul game was weak and a tougher ref will ping Ryan for jumping (Like Dickson pinge dus v Bristol away 3 times...)
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:29 pm
peteD wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:27 pm its a shame it looks 20 minutes to wake up and match Leinsters intensity. once we did a much more even game. A wake up call for the level we need to perform at.
Agree - hopefully set us right for the play offs
Yup! A good warm up / wake up call.

Hopefully we will have a great ref like Dickson for the semis :smt041 :smt003
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:30 pm I feel it's the first time Leinster have finished a champions cup game with massive worries.
Racing and La Rochelle are bigger than us and much better finishers than us. Leinster maul game was weak and a tougher ref will ping Ryan for jumping (Like Dickson pinge dus v Bristol away 3 times...)
Are they home or away v Toulouse?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree with Austin. We looked like we were trying to force things, which, given the number of internationals we had out there is a mystery. Perhaps the team talk should have been about calming down rather than geeing people up.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:30 pm I feel it's the first time Leinster have finished a champions cup game with massive worries.
La Rochelle for me are the team most likely to win it all.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Proud of you Tigers ! We are only going one way...up ! Great club, coaches, team and fans. Love you all.COYT. !!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Scott1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:32 pm
Home which is why I think Racing or La Rochelle winner in france will beat them
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

They were brutal and efficient for 25mins and then we just kept making errors in their 22 - letting them off the hook.

If we’d have scored even a couple of pens in that 25-35 min period it could have made a difference going in 17-6

Ditto the same in that 40-60min period

It didn’t - they made less errors than us, got the rub of the green massively with the ref at key times and saw it through relatively comfortably in the last 10.

I’m not sure they’ll worry too much for the next round/a as they’ll argue they can play like the first 20mins for longer if they needed to.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:34 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:32 pm
Home which is why I think Racing or La Rochelle winner in france will beat them
Probably won’t get past Toulouse tbf
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Just musing over a quiet beer or two......all went much as anticipated, sadly. The ref too.

Just how far over our salary cap would a Squad like Leinster's be if you could pull it together......25%.........50%? I suppose Sarries would know?

Just a thought
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

A clueless ref, 20 minutes shock and awe by Leinster, Ford and Montoya not able to manage the early doors barrage. Let’s win the prem and come back again, we have a great team, SB knows the gig, a great effort!!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Well done, Tigers! Getting to a quarter final is no mean feat! Leinster showed their pedigree and will surely have too much for Toulouse. As I’ve already mentioned, La Rochelle are the likely winners.
Semper in excretia
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

We improved as the game went on, we learnt on the job. There's some young guys who will be better players for losing that game. It was a tough reminder of where we are aiming to be Vs where we are currently. Leinster are a class act and have been at the top of European rugby for years and not by accident.

I think blaming Ford is odd, he had a decent game. What we missed was Kelly, the intensity of him in defence being in effect another flanker. That's what we really needed and why Nadolo came on and played quite central at times, in the build up Ashton's try he was like a 9th forward. Gopperth coming in next season will give us more defensive intensity at 12 which will help.

Great to have Martin back, thought he made a good impact off the bench. Physically imposed himself on the opposition forwards well.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Big Dai wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:35 pm Just musing over a quiet beer or two......all went much as anticipated, sadly. The ref too.

Just how far over our salary cap would a Squad like Leinster's be if you could pull it together......25%.........50%? I suppose Sarries would know?

Just a thought
100% Big Dai. Sums up exactly why no English side can win a European Cup now. At least the French sides are honest about the advantage extra Euros bring.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"