Tigers v Leinster (H) - Saturday 07th May 2022 - 5-30pm KO

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Murph14

Re: Tigers v Leinster (H) - Saturday 07th May 2022 - 5-30pm KO

Post by Murph14 »

Leinster fan here. Really looking forward to the game on Saturday. Normally I would say that if both teams play 100% to their strengths then Leinster will win. However with this game I am unsure. Why? A few reasons.

1. The group of Leinster players that will tog out this Saturday hasn’t played a competitive game in a number of weeks and may be a bit battle ‘soft’.
2. Home advantage seems to suit at this stage of the competition and I think the way the game is going the colour of the cards could dictate the outcome of this fixture.
3. Finally Raynal is the ref. I know he got lambasted for how he reffed England v Ireland but he seems to always favour the forward moving scrum regardless of its legality.

It is disappointing to hear that it isn’t sold out yet. I also hear that only 30k tickets (capacity is 52k) have been sold for the Munster v Toulouse game. The powers that be tend to forget that this is an expensive time of the year for season ticket holders as they renew for next year and also have to cost in travelling to away games. Shave 10% of the price of a ticket and encourage more school kids to attend and you’ll fill stadiums.

Looking forward to Saturday. You’ll hear me before you see me!!! I hope the best team wins! 😎
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I shall be at Welford Road as usual but I heard a lot of fans at the Bristol game saying they weren’t going due to the cost and the 5:30 kick off time.
To be fair to the Tigers this season’s competition has, on the whole, seen poor attendances.
I don’t know if a Tigers have good offers for families or group tickets!
If not, then that’s something that needs addressing!
One thing is for sure: I will make a lot of noise!
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

It makes no sense to me not to offer really cut price tickets for kids for games like this. If WR is not a sell out then the powers that be should ask why. The team is flying and we haven’t been here for six years and we are playing one of the finest club sides in the world- adjust to the cost of living and get the tickets sold.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Take me home Welford Road
To a place we belong, Leicester Tigers fight beside us
Take me home
Welford Road
….I hope all those who can make it, do make it ✊
Bluemagoo

Post by Bluemagoo »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:29 pm I shall be at Welford Road as usual but I heard a lot of fans at the Bristol game saying they weren’t going due to the cost and the 5:30 kick off time.
To be fair to the Tigers this season’s competition has, on the whole, seen poor attendances.
I don’t know if a Tigers have good offers for families or group tickets!
If not, then that’s something that needs addressing!
One thing is for sure: I will make a lot of noise!
Looking forward to the game (from a Leinster fan). Have been to Exeter and Bath several times; the Stoop, wandering Wasps, London Irish, Saracens at Wembley but this will be our first time at historic Welford Road. Last time I met Leicester fans was 2009 in Murrayfield. Drank together post match into the wee hours. Great fans; gracious in defeat. On the ticket prices; personally I thought they were a bit expensive. Wé've 60sterling tickets in the North Stand; looking at tickets behind the goals they are 53. Comparable tickets (front of the higher level, South stand Lansdowne Road) were 25 euro for the Connacht round of 16 match 2. Granted this is a QF.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Currently sat in my campervan in a field 20 minutes south of Calais. Cross back tomorrow after a few weeks travelling. I’ll be at WR on Saturday.

The timing is no coincidence
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Safe journey home
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Taking a look at Leinster's message board, I noticed a nice guide to the game including an intro to Leicester, and warm words from Leo Cullen about his time at Tigers https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/l ... XNmvDCrOAU
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Leo was great player for us, as was his compatriot at the time, Shane Jennings. Then he went home and did very well ever since .. good luck to the bloke .. not too much this Saturday though.. obviously 🙄
Last edited by mightymouse on Fri May 06, 2022 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

I think we can all (I hope) agree with you 100% mightymouse!
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Longer walk but depends on ages of children

Park near St John the Baptist school (which is free and spaces) and walk across Victoria Park

On a sunny day a lovely walk and on the way back your away from the traffic so straight back on the road
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

markharbtiger wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 am Taking a look at Leinster's message board, I noticed a nice guide to the game including an intro to Leicester, and warm words from Leo Cullen about his time at Tigers https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/l ... XNmvDCrOAU
The other thing I noticed from Leinster's message board was some very clear-headed and well-informed comment and I got a good impression. Makes a change from the message boards of some other teams...
TheLeinsterlad

Post by TheLeinsterlad »

markharbtiger wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:59 am
markharbtiger wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:23 am Taking a look at Leinster's message board, I noticed a nice guide to the game including an intro to Leicester, and warm words from Leo Cullen about his time at Tigers https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/l ... XNmvDCrOAU
The other thing I noticed from Leinster's message board was some very clear-headed and well-informed comment and I got a good impression. Makes a change from the message boards of some other teams...
Likewise for here MHtiger, the media commentary is one thing before a massive game like this but getting the views and opinions of the real supporters on a forum like this only increases the excitement of the occasion tomorrow, I’m up at 4am to travel over and can’t wait!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TheLeinsterlad wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 am
markharbtiger wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:59 am
Likewise for here MHtiger, the media commentary is one thing before a massive game like this but getting the views and opinions of the real supporters on a forum like this only increases the excitement of the occasion tomorrow, I’m up at 4am to travel over and can’t wait!
I have to say I'm not a massive fan of many of the sides in the Premiership (or groups of fans), but playing a side like Leinster restores my faith in the sport. A very good, well-managed side with a great group of fans. I am really looking forward to watching another fantastic game of rugby between 2 of Europe's top teams. I was never expecting us to be back fighting at the highest level quite so soon but it's great to see us taking on such a top quality side at MWWR. Regardless of the result it will undoubtedly be a cracking game of rugby. I can't be there sadly but I will be watching.. the last time I watched a game between these 2 sides was back in 2009 and it was a long train ride back from Edinburgh that followed so perhaps it's best I'm not at this one just to be on the safe side!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It's a long time since I've been this excited about a game of rugby, cannot wait to be on the terrace in the sunshine with supporters from both sides of the sea.

Win or lose I'm sure it's going to be a day to remember.