Tigers v Leinster (H) - Saturday 07th May 2022 - 5-30pm KO

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Leinster

Post by tigerburnie »

I believe we can beat anyone at Welford Road at the moment and the Leinster fans are proper nervous about the possible visit, more than we are.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:42 am I believe we can beat anyone at Welford Road at the moment and the Leinster fans are proper nervous about the possible visit, more than we are.
I fully agree, especially if we can put a good number on Clermont this weekend nobody will be relishing playing us.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m staggered that this is a thread. We’re not through yet !
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:14 am I’m staggered that this is a thread. We’re not through yet !
Yes, we are being rather presumptuous!
Semper in excretia
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:29 am
westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:14 am I’m staggered that this is a thread. We’re not through yet !
Yes, we are being rather presumptuous!
Complete agreement with both of you. I do NOT want to end up grumpily watching Connacht vs Clermont...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Exactly. Can we just pretend this thread never happened. Connaught also have a vote! Otherwise it risks being a moment like Murray Walker declaring Nigel Mansell world champion at the Adelaide GP just before.........

That said, it would be utterly wonderful to have Leinster at WR.
Last edited by aslongaswebeatsaints on Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Yep, please delete this! Getting way too far ahead of ourselves here...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Leinster fans are provisionally booking hotels in Leicester, but holding off on the flights to Donnington.............................
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:45 am Leinster fans are provisionally booking hotels in Leicester, but holding off on the flights to Donnington.............................
I think they are being a little presumptuous too. There wasn’t a lot between the sides last week and Connacht have nothing to loose
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

History says Leinster should comfortably beat Connacht at home,but there has to be the odd upset. Check out Flashscore Rugby Union and it breaks down the H2H between the two teams as well as their recent form.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I was at Lansdowne Rd when we comfortably beat Leinster in the quarter final in 2005. Ollie Smith easily outplayed Brian O'Driscoll that day!

But please educate me, IF Tigers and Leinster get through tomorrow, is it a guaranteed home tie, not over two legs?
Soggypitch
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:12 am
wigworth wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:08 am
Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:05 am There’s an outside chance that Tigers may be playing Connacht in the QF! I don’t know what the odds are in a Connacht win, but I put a fiver on Noble Yeats to win the National and he won at 50/1!! ALLEZ Connacht!!!
Currently they are 11:1 to win or you can get +22 even money.
Good odds, although I won’t be placing a bet as my annual flutter is on the National. Leinster v Connacht kicks off this evening at 5:30, so I’ll be keeping a close eye on the score!
Me too. Annual flutter and upped my stake from £2 to £5 for first time in 25 years. Also chose Noble Yeats with as much science as I liked the name. Did the same with Maori Venture about 35 years ago on the basis the All Black's were doing well at the time, as usual! On that basis I am nobody to predict who will win.
As Good As It Gets
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:59 pm
wigworth wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:08 am

Currently they are 11:1 to win or you can get +22 even money.
Good odds, although I won’t be placing a bet as my annual flutter is on the National. Leinster v Connacht kicks off this evening at 5:30, so I’ll be keeping a close eye on the score!
Me too. Annual flutter and upped my stake from £2 to £5 for first time in 25 years. Also chose Noble Yeats with as much science as I liked the name. Did the same with Maori Venture about 35 years ago on the basis the All Black's were doing well at the time, as usual! On that basis I am nobody to predict who will win.
I placed a bet two years’ running on Tiger Roll! Guess why!
Semper in excretia
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Robespierre wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:02 pm
Scuttle wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:59 pm

I placed a bet two years’ running on Tiger Roll! Guess why!
It makes the winning all the more enjoyable
As Good As It Gets
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:47 pm I was at Lansdowne Rd when we comfortably beat Leinster in the quarter final in 2005. Ollie Smith easily outplayed Brian O'Driscoll that day!

But please educate me, IF Tigers and Leinster get through tomorrow, is it a guaranteed home tie, not over two legs?
Correct, IF we go through we will be at home in a one off knock out match.