Other Easter Weekend Games - 15th to 17th April 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Easter Weekend Games - 15th to 17th April 2022

Post by Scott1 »

Simple, as I said put players on report rugby league style and deal with them after. Even though we can't trust the citing commisions at least it won't potentially spoil the game and it's very,very easy to differentiate stone cold reds and those that really arnt but are being given reds because of the stupid laws!
Either that or just be militant and give every single head contact a red regardless!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:38 pm Simple, as I said put players on report rugby league style and deal with them after. Even though we can't trust the citing commisions at least it won't potentially spoil the game and it's very,very easy to differentiate stone cold reds and those that really arnt but are being given reds because of the stupid laws!
This could work, but as you said, it would not stop these silly bans for accidents.
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:38 pm Either that or just be militant and give every single head contact a red regardless!
Rugby Union? Oh, that’s the game which starts with 15 a side and ends with 13... :smt013 :smt027 :smt018
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Pellsey wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:49 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:38 pm Simple, as I said put players on report rugby league style and deal with them after. Even though we can't trust the citing commisions at least it won't potentially spoil the game and it's very,very easy to differentiate stone cold reds and those that really arnt but are being given reds because of the stupid laws!
This could work, but as you said, it would not stop these silly bans for accidents.
Scott1 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:38 pm Either that or just be militant and give every single head contact a red regardless!
Rugby Union? Oh, that’s the game which starts with 15 a side and ends with 13... :smt013 :smt027 :smt018
It’s a poser 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Pellsey wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:33 pm
Tiglon wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:51 pm I too was sure it would be red as soon as I saw Chessum's tackle replayed. But, I thought the same when I saw the yellow card incident today, and when I saw Gibson-Park's tackle. All should have been reds, IMO.
If such things should be red, then I believe the majority of games will end with 14 men at most. This would make a mokery of the game, and in fact it currently does. They should be yellow at most for me unless there is substantial force, injury, and intent.
All each of them had to do was aim a bit lower.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Although I agree, the ball carrier should also not be allowed to duck into tackles. If they didnt, the tackler would be at the right height.