Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: Return fixture - Clermont (H) - 16th April 2022

Post by Soggypitch »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:24 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:42 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:19 pm I would expect our strongest side at home with a much rotated side away to Quinns the week after.
I would expect the other way round but who knows with Borthwick
So would I. The Clermont game isn't "in the bag", but even with changes, I'd expect Tigers to win comfortably. Quins, however, are a different kettle of fish and I'd send as full-strength side as possible, but SB may well think otherwise!!
I agree, I think we will win comfortably on Saturday, even if we're not "fully loaded". We could well play Quinns in the Prem semi or even final, so it would be great to beat them at the Stoop and put down a marker. If we beat them away, they won't fancy their chances at W Rd.
Soggypitch
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Soggypitch wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:21 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:42 pm

I would expect the other way round but who knows with Borthwick
So would I. The Clermont game isn't "in the bag", but even with changes, I'd expect Tigers to win comfortably. Quins, however, are a different kettle of fish and I'd send as full-strength side as possible, but SB may well think otherwise!!
I agree, I think we will win comfortably on Saturday, even if we're not "fully loaded". We could well play Quinns in the Prem semi or even final, so it would be great to beat them at the Stoop and put down a marker. If we beat them away, they won't fancy their chances at W Rd.
We could lay down a marker by dismantling Clermont at Welford Road. I do not think the game Vs Clermont will be comfortable, I expect it to be physical and if we aren't at it 100% they are the type of team that can score a couple of tries very quickly and make it game on. Go hard against Clermont as it's a home game and those are always more important.

Away Vs Quins is a bonus. Send a rotated team and if Quins win then doesn't matter we've not lost anything. If a rotated team beats Quins at the Stoop then that's a notable psychological victory in my mind. The remaining three Prem games after Quins are Bristol and Wasps at home and then Falcons away. That should secure the required league points.
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:59 pm

We could lay down a marker by dismantling Clermont at Welford Road. I do not think the game Vs Clermont will be comfortable, I expect it to be physical and if we aren't at it 100% they are the type of team that can score a couple of tries very quickly and make it game on. Go hard against Clermont as it's a home game and those are always more important.

Away Vs Quins is a bonus. Send a rotated team and if Quins win then doesn't matter we've not lost anything. If a rotated team beats Quins at the Stoop then that's a notable psychological victory in my mind. The remaining three Prem games after Quins are Bristol and Wasps at home and then Falcons away. That should secure the required league points.
I certainly want us to go big at home this weekend and think you're right we will want to put on a good show at WR to put a marker down. I think he'll go full bore for 50 mins then (hopefully in a unassailable position) empty the bench.

Don't forget we have to play London Irish on the Tuesday after the Quins game, then another Prem game the following weekend - swapping out more than a few for the Quins game could leave the cupboard very bare for the mid week game. Difficult choices to be made by SB
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The mid-week game is the PR cup game so it should be for the fringe players and youngsters. (I know a lot of our starting 15 are young). I think we have enough depth for this. It would be nice to win a treble but the big prizes are the ones we should focus on.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Think that marker was put down last Sunday Sam, certainly made the rugby world sit up and notice
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Do we now go Kelly/Scott or Kelly/Moroni? Either works with the other on the bench.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Is Scott even fit?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:17 pm Is Scott even fit?
Good point not been in a matchday 23 since London Irish in the league 12th March (one week after we last saw George Martin, who is also presumed injured)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not even sure! So would we then go 12.Kelly 13.Moroni 23.Muri?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:29 pm
Not even sure! So would we then go 12.Kelly 13.Moroni 23.Muri?
That’s what I’d do, Kini can fill in at 13 if needed

Leicester City tonight booked a European Semi Final over to Tigers to finish the job and make it a double…
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Why have all of the restrictions returned despite not being enforced in Clermont last week-end ?
A2O
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

From speaking to a guy from the club yesterday who watched the team run, we will be pretty "loaded" this weekend.

This tie is far from over - we have all seen how fluently they can attack and how easily red cards can be picked up......
Less is more....
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:45 pm Why have all of the restrictions returned despite not being enforced in Clermont last week-end ?
There are no legal requirements but any establishments can request you to wear a mask....something that Tigers have asked for indoor settings.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

:smt023 :smt023
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:26 am
ay2oh wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:45 pm Why have all of the restrictions returned despite not being enforced in Clermont last week-end ?
There are no legal requirements but any establishments can request you to wear a mask....something that Tigers have asked for indoor settings.
:smt023
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Not many changes then,solid team,great bench!