Super User

Re: Weekend Games - 08th to 10th April 2022

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:30 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:22 am So state of play is
Connacht 21 Leinster 26: Leinster through barring a miracle
Bordeaux 13 La Rochelle: La Rochelle the same
Sale 9 Bristol 10: Could go either way but Bristol slight favourites
Toulouse 20 Ulster 26: Toulouse still in it even with the 14 men,will be a cracker. Great atmosphere!
Chiefs 13 Munster 8: Chiefs wasteful,Munster not the giants they were but should have enough….just!
SF 9 Racing 92 22: stick a fork in this one!
Montpellier 40 Quins 26: Montpellier should be out of sight! Expect twists and turns in this one even with a 14 point lead. Don’t be surprised if Quins get a 17-20 point lead and give away a late score!
Clermont 10 Tigers 29: The fat lady is clearing her throat
Basically, we have the biggest lead of any of the ties going into a home leg. Sounds good to me
I f I had to stick my neck out I would go, Leinster, La Rochelle, Bristol, Toulouse, Munster, Racing, Montpellier, Tigers.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Bordeaux 13 La Rochelle 31:La Rochelle the same
Toulouse 20 Ulster 26: Toulouse still in it even with the 14 men,will be a cracker. Great atmosphere!
Chiefs 13 Munster 8: Chiefs wasteful,Munster not the giants they were but should have enough….just!
Montpellier 40 Quins 26: Montpellier should be out of sight! Expect twists and turns in this one even with a 14 point lead. Don’t be surprised if Quins get a 17-20 point lead and give away a late score!
If the aggregate scores are tied at the end of the second game, is extra time played? Or is try differential taken into account?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:35 am
Bordeaux 13 La Rochelle 31:La Rochelle the same
If the aggregate scores are tied at the end of the second game, is extra time played? Or is try differential taken into account?
Not sure but I would expect points scored first then tries scored and then maybe Extra time but that’s just a guess
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

From the EPCR site

In the event of drawn matches or equal aggregate scores at the end of normal time during the knockout stage, extra-time will be played with the exception of the first legs of the Round of 16 matches. If the scores remain tied at the end of extra time, the winner will be determined as follows:
(a) the club that has scored the most tries in the match or matches (including extra time) or
(b) if equal, by a place kick competition.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:26 pm From the EPCR site

In the event of drawn matches or equal aggregate scores at the end of normal time during the knockout stage, extra-time will be played with the exception of the first legs of the Round of 16 matches. If the scores remain tied at the end of extra time, the winner will be determined as follows:
(a) the club that has scored the most tries in the match or matches (including extra time) or
(b) if equal, by a place kick competition.
I wouldn't mind seeing a place kick competition again it has been a while. Although preferably not in our game.