Premiership play offs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Premiership play offs

Post by Scuttle »

I have to say I am convinced the SB way is best which takes a classic sports psychology approach; this dictates that Tigers are only ever trying to win one (the next) match at a time. Once you get into the realms if trying to assess what needs to be done to achieve the end result you are lost. I learnt this from a sports psychologist working with my sons. When I say I am convinced, I mean I know it is right; I just cannot do it myself and I too am guilty of endlessly trying to work out the miriad of permutations....the joy's of being a supporter!!
As Good As It Gets
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Looks like Danny Care will not be playing against us so maybe we will have a better chance against Quins. Wiese got 2 weeks ban for 3 yellows and DC has now had 4 in the last 4 games though not sure if the HC games count as games to miss - think they do but we can only wait and see
Hehehehehehehehe
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:47 am Looks like Danny Care will not be playing against us so maybe we will have a better chance against Quins. Wiese got 2 weeks ban for 3 yellows and DC has now had 4 in the last 4 games though not sure if the HC games count as games to miss - think they do but we can only wait and see
Think a lot of us are thinking similar Trendy. The issue maybe that all 4 cards were for technical offences and the provision for this seems to be vague.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed unlike Wiese, Care has not received any cards for foul play. That said 4 yellow cards must not be unpunished.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Most foul play cards are for technical offenses rather than malicious foul play. (Rightly given to ensure player safety) That would be the territory of red cards with automatic consideration of a ban with the duration appropriate for that sanction. So no immediate ban for a second yellow to sevaral months for stamping.

A yellow is a yellow and if they tot up, a ban should occur whatever the reasons. If we start distinguishing one type of yellow from another we could have a rainbow of bans and become too subjective.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Read the laws on foul play. It's pretty difficult to think of a yellow card offence that doesn't fall under that category... "foul play" is not limited to malicious or violent acts.