Re: Weekend Games - 01st to 03rd April 2022

Post by wigworth »

Gloucester butchered that at the end.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

wigworth wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:21 pm Bath sure have turned things around from their early season woes, they are looking like a pretty decent team now.
They're looking almost exactly how they did early on, play some good stuff, create a lead then fail to consolidate and allow the opponents to roll over them, particularly late on.

To be fair, I am judging based on the final score and the timing of the scoring - did not watch today's game but it's spookily similar to how they played early season.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:03 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:21 pm Bath sure have turned things around from their early season woes, they are looking like a pretty decent team now.
They're looking almost exactly how they did early on, play some good stuff, create a lead then fail to consolidate and allow the opponents to roll over them, particularly late on.

To be fair, I am judging based on the final score and the timing of the scoring - did not watch today's game but it's spookily similar to how they played early season.
I don't think they were as abject as they were in the first part of the season when everyone was calling for Hooper to go, they played pretty well the first half and were causing Exeter a lot of issues on the wings, I'm sure having Cokanasiga back helps in that regard.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

wigworth wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:20 pm

I don't think they were as abject as they were in the first part of the season when everyone was calling for Hooper to go, they played pretty well the first half and were causing Exeter a lot of issues on the wings, I'm sure having Cokanasiga back helps in that regard.
Without doubt he makes a difference and, as I said, comment based on end result rather than performance - which were also reasons for Hooper's head being called for.

They were causing a number of teams problems in the first halves of matches even earlier in the season, then dropping off a cliff, a bit like today's scoreline tends to imply/suggest - or maybe Exeter just stepped it up more towards the end, as they did against us last week but we were good enough to knock them back.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:30 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:20 pm

Without doubt he makes a difference and, as I said, comment based on end result rather than performance - which were also reasons for Hooper's head being called for.

They were causing a number of teams problems in the first halves of matches even earlier in the season, then dropping off a cliff, a bit like today's scoreline tends to imply/suggest - or maybe Exeter just stepped it up more towards the end, as they did against us last week but we were good enough to knock them back.
But their results as of late have got better as opposed to the 9 losses on the bounce or whatever it turned into at the start of the season. I don't think they could really challenge any top 4 teams for a win as they do still seem to lack a bit of grunt in the pack but I could defiantly see them being competitive against pretty much everyone else.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Anyone saw Biggars hit on Radrada yet?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:06 pm Anyone saw Biggars hit on Radrada yet?
Yep. I'm booked in at Specsavers on Monday. First reaction was an early shower for Biggar. Second and third reaction was just the same. Need better glasses.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tykger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:18 pm
Yep. I'm booked in at Specsavers on Monday. First reaction was an early shower for Biggar. Second and third reaction was just the same. Need better glasses.
I've only read about it,have you a link please or know where I can see it?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:22 pm
I imagine it's a case of wait for highlights show. To be honest tho, it didn't get a mention at half time or at the end of the match, so I can only assume I really do need to get my eyes tested !
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tykger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:22 pm

I imagine it's a case of wait for highlights show. To be honest tho, it didn't get a mention at half time or at the end of the match, so I can only assume I really do need to get my eyes tested !
I think Healey has called it out
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:28 pm
Tykger wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:27 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:22 pm Commentators appeared to agree with ref that first point of contact was on the ball and it rode up. All I saw was shoulder to chin. The lads got a big beard but not big enough to hide a rugby ball in ! Radrada certainly wasn't happy and gestured to Biggar to keep his tackles lower.

I think Healey has called it out
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Not seen it but the stills I've seen of it show shoulder hitting the head...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:42 pm Not seen it but the stills I've seen of it show shoulder hitting the head...
Some have said he bounced high off the ball,be interesting to see it
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:00 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:42 pm Not seen it but the stills I've seen of it show shoulder hitting the head...
Some have said he bounced high off the ball,be interesting to see it
Biggar was never in a position to make a legal tackle, pretty much jumps into it. He was a very lucky boy and his reaction afterwards showed he knew it. Seen tackles like that go red no one would have said a thing if that was where Dickson went with it. Stunned it wasn't even a yellow.