Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Weekend Games - 01st to 03rd April 2022

Post by Scott1 »

Quins hitting some serious form!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Irish have imploded again just like last season.
They came to us full of confidence but after the red card they just lost confidence and couldn’t bounce back.
This latest loss to Quins most likely means they will target the Cup Semi final v us!
Irish butchered two tries today at important times but also played the daftest offloading game you could ever see!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:22 pm And they seem to have discovered a defence.
Weeeeeeeeelllllll, I mean, one try saving forearm from Danny Care (before his 4th yellow card on the spin, ban like Wiese when?) and two dropped behind the try line by Irish are making flattering their defence a bit I feel...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Irish weren't hitting form and making a late run for the playoffs, they are just a team with most (all?) of their players available during the 6N.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Fair point. Disappointing from the Exiles...I was hoping that they might pose problems for Quins, which to be fair they did at the start, but Quins have just accelerated away...
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I think Quins have looked good .. they’ll be difficult to beat
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

mightymouse wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:45 pm I think Quins have looked good .. they’ll be difficult to beat
Agreed. Not sure whether you want to face them in the semis or the final. Maybe Sarries v Quins in one semi and us v 'A.N Other (hoping Saints) in the other?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Irish very devoid of ideas in attack. Needed to mix it up more then we may have seen what Quins are made of?
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Crofty not sure what offences Cares Yellow Cards were for but I believe only cards for Foul Play are counted in the total up system so imagine no suspension/ action will take place
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:01 pm Crofty not sure what offences Cares Yellow Cards were for but I believe only cards for Foul Play are counted in the total up system so imagine no suspension/ action will take place
I’ve mentioned this in another thread, and I’m sure you’re right. But 4 yellows on the bounce must merit further sanction, otherwise he’ll just keep doing it.
As for Irish yes 2 balls dropped over the line and a question mark over one of the Quins trys but looks like the wheels have come off
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

mightymouse wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:45 pm I think Quins have looked good .. they’ll be difficult to beat
I think that lovely traditional word"walloped" comes to mind.
As Good As It Gets
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

I don't think it has been mentioned anywhere but England beat Italy 74-0 in the Women's Six Nations.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:46 pm
Ashurstwoodtiger wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 5:01 pm Crofty not sure what offences Cares Yellow Cards were for but I believe only cards for Foul Play are counted in the total up system so imagine no suspension/ action will take place
I’ve mentioned this in another thread, and I’m sure you’re right. But 4 yellows on the bounce must merit further sanction, otherwise he’ll just keep doing it.
As for Irish yes 2 balls dropped over the line and a question mark over one of the Quins trys but looks like the wheels have come off
And looking at the one held up, it hadn't got to the try line before Care was playing it on the floor :smt018 penalty try and a yellow card there, which would make the second yellow a red (I know, I know, if he'd had one he wouldn't have given away the other, but still...)
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

As I replied before, It appears one can be as cynical as one wishes without penalty, just as long as one doesn't impact upon anyone's long term health.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:39 pm Irish have imploded again just like last season.
They came to us full of confidence but after the red card they just lost confidence and couldn’t bounce back.
This latest loss to Quins most likely means they will target the Cup Semi final v us!
Irish butchered two tries today at important times but also played the daftest offloading game you could ever see!
Possibly but with Falcons, Wasps and Bath as their last 3 league games surely they back themselves to pick up wins. Lets not forget top 6 get Champions cup isn't it? So top 4 may be out of reach but they'll be desperate to have a good end to the league.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.