Simon Cole: very sad

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Simon Cole: very sad

Post by Ian Cant »

What tragic news about Simon Cole: great leader of people and a loyal Tigers’ fan.
I always enjoyed listening to Simon Cole’s interviews on BBC Radio Leicester and felt he was a person I could meet for a pint, chat about lots of topics but especially rugby, and if I’d been in the police force would have enjoyed his leadership and guidance. I’m gutted at the news.
Thoughts go to his family and colleagues.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Simon Cole: very sad

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:18 pm What tragic news about Simon Cole: great leader of people and a loyal Tigers’ fan.
I always enjoyed listening to Simon Cole’s interviews on BBC Radio Leicester and felt he was a person I could meet for a pint, chat about lots of topics but especially rugby, and if I’d been in the police force would have enjoyed his leadership and guidance. I’m gutted at the news.
Thoughts go to his family and colleagues.
Really sorry to hear this but I’m afraid this is a new name to me
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Awfully sad news about a wonderful public servant and a lovely man who a huge amount of time to coaching junior girls rugby and also to the Scouting movement, on top of his professional contribution. A passionate Tigers supporter - we were neighbouring season ticket holders in the Crumbie stand for many years. Leicester is a poorer place tonight for his passing.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Couldn’t agree more. Terribly sad. Condolences to his family and indeed the police force.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

For those who didn't know him, like me, my brother has just told me he was Ex Chief Constable of Leicester, found dead at home.
Simon coached at Oadby Wygs, both boys and girls, very respected and much liked guy. RIP.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:52 pm For those who didn't know him, like me, my brother has just told me he was Ex Chief Constable of Leicester, found dead at home.
Simon coached at Oadby Wygs, both boys and girls, very respected and much liked guy. RIP.
Thanks LE18 after my time so our paths never crossed, just been on the East Midlands news highly respected with the police force