Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Champions' Cup: last 16/Quarter finals and semi finals and final

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:37 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:43 pm Jeez if we see off all of Clermont, Leinster, Toulouse and Racing no one will doubt the title of best in Europe will they.
I reckon the BT Sport pundits will still find something to criticise Tigers about.. :smt012 :smt002
And if we win, will we still be on “a journey”? Asking for a friend…….
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:30 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:43 pm Jeez if we see off all of Clermont, Leinster, Toulouse and Racing no one will doubt the title of best in Europe will they.
I reckon the BT Sport pundits will still find something to criticise Tigers about.. :smt012 :smt002
In Borthwick's eyes YES as there'll be some things to work on and improvements to make.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

:smt005 :smt043 :smt002

Ha.. something like that.. It's a strange one as SB has a better win % than any Tigers manager in over 20 year but still hasn't won anything (yet) so I would hope he might see his future with the club. I guess managers are ultimately judged on their achievements and if SB sticks around I can imagine an honours list along the lines of Richards or Cockers (first half of his time with the club). Are we on a journey until we win something? Perhaps we could do the treble this year and really put an end to the speculation! :smt003
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:08 pm

In Borthwick's eyes YES as there'll be some things to work on and improvements to make.
Perfect way to keep the players grounded. Would have been easy to get carried away with such a winning start this season instead of keep improving.

I don't think Borthwick will be happy until Tigers are a dominant European force and even then not satisfied.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sam16111986 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:33 pm

Perfect way to keep the players grounded. Would have been easy to get carried away with such a winning start this season instead of keep improving.

I don't think Borthwick will be happy until Tigers are a dominant European force and even then not satisfied.
If we win the treble for a third season in a row having gone undefeated, he may even say we've done well enough to crack a smile 😉
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:55 pm

If we win the treble for a third season in a row having gone undefeated, he may even say we've done well enough to crack a smile 😉
I've seen him smile a few times, I think working here is suiting him down to the ground. He praises the players often but he's a perfectionist so he's never going to be entirely happy as a game never goes entirely to plan.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:55 pm

Or maybe buy the squad some pizzas :smt002
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Steve Borthwick had the biggest smile on his face when the final whistle went on Saturday.
He will have an even bigger one if we win the next 3 games then go unbeaten for the rest of the season! Won’t we all??
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:58 pm Steve Borthwick had the biggest smile on his face when the final whistle went on Saturday.
He will have an even bigger one if we win the next 3 games then go unbeaten for the rest of the season! Won’t we all??
Steve Borthwick had an even bigger smile on his face on Sunday after we beat Exeter but left several points on the field so annoyed about the three stupid incidents where 10 metres was given away for comments and kicking the ball away.

Such a shame so I am advised, that Tigers could only half fill one coach for the great atmosphere at Sandy Park.
The great pasties and Otter beer poured from the barrel is really worth the trip too. Despite that there were plenty of loyal Tigers there. :smt027
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:58 pm Steve Borthwick had the biggest smile on his face when the final whistle went on Saturday.
I am sure he had an even bigger smile on his face when we beat Bristol at Ashton Gate; in fact I think I even saw a hug with Kev. :smt052
As Good As It Gets