PRC - Other midweek Matches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC - Other midweek Matches

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Question, do any of the PRC semifinalists have a bye week either side of it?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:06 pm I feel sorry for the players of all four teams in the semis that they aren’t being played over a weekend.
Tuesday nights game at Tigers was a prime example of not promoting the game: ko too late for children to attend so great rugby watched by so few! Furthermore,hardly any of the games covered by the National press.
(Mind you the Leicester Mercury rarely reports on Friday games either yet if City play they do!! )
Poor marketing at a time when the clubs need ticket sales to be buoyant.
I would have gone to the semi if it was a Friday / Saturday or Sunday.
The issue is, unfortunately the original debate was removed by the censor finding a free weekend allowing for Europe and the premiership going into June not really poor marketing more lack of time. But why let the facts get in the way.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:25 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:06 pm I feel sorry for the players of all four teams in the semis that they aren’t being played over a weekend.
Tuesday nights game at Tigers was a prime example of not promoting the game: ko too late for children to attend so great rugby watched by so few! Furthermore,hardly any of the games covered by the National press.
(Mind you the Leicester Mercury rarely reports on Friday games either yet if City play they do!! )
Be careful,the rugby calendar police will be on you 😂
You are so predictable it’s untrue. To use your own quote go and have your dinner you Bore me
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:41 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:25 pm
Be careful,the rugby calendar police will be on you 😂
You are so predictable it’s untrue. To use your own quote go and have your dinner you Bore me
Bit early yet,I'll fill you in with the menu though 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:34 pm Question, do any of the PRC semifinalists have a bye week either side of it?
Having checked the premiership website I don’t think so
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:43 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:34 pm Question, do any of the PRC semifinalists have a bye week either side of it?
Having checked the premiership website I don’t think so
Cheers
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Just watched the Saints Falcons highlights.. Newcastle's 3rd try was a thing of beauty.. like watching the red arrows!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:43 pm Just watched the Saints Falcons highlights.. Newcastle's 3rd try was a thing of beauty.. like watching the red arrows!
It was very nice, do you think it was a pre planned move or a bit of off the cuff play from the 10 to cut back to the other side?
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

wigworth wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:15 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:43 pm Just watched the Saints Falcons highlights.. Newcastle's 3rd try was a thing of beauty.. like watching the red arrows!
It was very nice, do you think it was a pre planned move or a bit of off the cuff play from the 10 to cut back to the other side?
Looked pre-planned to me. Fantastic try
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:27 am
wigworth wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:15 pm
Looked pre-planned to me. Fantastic try
Hopefully George and Freddie were watching and can pull it off in the final.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Semi at Irish 7.45 pm on Tuesday April 26th shown live on BT
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

London Irish: Arundell; Cinti, Joseph, Van Rensburg, Hassell-Collins; Jackson, White; Gigena, Willemse, M van der Merwe; Munga, Simmons, Rogerson (capt.), Gonzalez; Tuisue

Replacements: Cornish, Goodrick-Clarke, Parker, Mafi, Donnell, Englefield, Rona, Loader
v
Worcester Warriors: Shillcock; Humphreys, Venter, Beck, D van der Merwe; Smith, Simpson; Waller, Annett, Judge; Batley, G Kitchener, Hatherell, Kvesic; Hill (capt.)

Replacements: Miller, Sutherland, McCallum, A Kitchener, Lewis, Chudley, Lawrence, Hearle

Damn both teams looking pretty desperate for this trophy.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I would say the Irish is slightly more development but still recognise all the names.
Both sides nothing else to play for so can’t blame them.
On the telly tomorrow should be a belter if the weather holds
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

We went fairly well loaded and won when it was the only silverware on offer under Geordy
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Old Hob wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:18 pm We went fairly well loaded and won when it was the only silverware on offer under Geordy
Mauger
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer