PRC - Other midweek Matches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: PRC - Other midweek Matches

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think the team we take to London Irish may be down to the state of the league. For example if a home semi is in the bag I expect one or two bigger names in there.

The team London Irish put out may be dependent on their top 4/6 ambitious by that point too.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:45 pm I think the team we take to London Irish may be down to the state of the league. For example if a home semi is in the bag I expect one or two bigger names in there.

The team London Irish put out may be dependent on their top 4/6 ambitious by that point too.
Agreed though I think Quins is our next league game so likely not much changed for us
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:45 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:43 pm Midweek final too,ridiculous!
Well when else are you going to play given Europe and the premiership goes till June. Also keeps it as a development competition
I don’t make the calendar but it’s probably a game where you could have at the weekend with cheap tickets and make a day of it possibly bringing new eyes to the sport.Definitely a chance missed for me. How can people make midweek games with kids and work commitments etc?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 pm So it will be mid week between away at Quins and home to Bristol. Those 2 weekends Irish are away to Falcons and home to wasps and will be hunting that play off place
If we have secured a home Semi and Irish are fighting for top 4 still it could be interesting to see the team selection
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

PRC finals have never been in the midweek before have they so obviously it’s doable!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:48 pm PRC finals have never been in the midweek before have they so obviously it’s doable!
They've never had an extra team in the league adding 2 more matches, plus 2 byes as odd no. of teams, so basically 4 weeks longer league season.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:50 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:48 pm PRC finals have never been in the midweek before have they so obviously it’s doable!
They've never had an extra team in the league adding 2 more matches, plus 2 byes as odd no. of teams, so basically 4 weeks longer league season.
The Anglo Welsh cup was a longer competition than this new version of PRC wasn’t it?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to say the midweek fixtures do allow more of our players to stay match sharp near the business end of the season.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:47 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:45 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:43 pm Midweek final too,ridiculous!
Well when else are you going to play given Europe and the premiership goes till June. Also keeps it as a development competition
I don’t make the calendar but it’s probably a game where you could have at the weekend with cheap tickets and make a day of it possibly bringing new eyes to the sport.Definitely a chance missed for me. How can people make midweek games with kids and work commitments etc?
But you haven’t answered the question given the current fixture list extra rounds of the season etc when else are you going to play it
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Semi final at Irish on either 26th or 27th April
Gloucester v Worcester
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Whilst we have known the semi final situation since the start of the season it seems a bit ridiculous that both semi finals are between teams who played each other in the group stages. I would have preferred to play a team we hadn't already played.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:45 pm Whilst we have known the semi final situation since the start of the season it seems a bit ridiculous that both semi finals are between teams who played each other in the group stages. I would have preferred to play a team we hadn't already played.
Always a possibility when you have 3 groups and 4 semi finalists
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I feel sorry for the players of all four teams in the semis that they aren’t being played over a weekend.
Tuesday nights game at Tigers was a prime example of not promoting the game: ko too late for children to attend so great rugby watched by so few! Furthermore,hardly any of the games covered by the National press.
(Mind you the Leicester Mercury rarely reports on Friday games either yet if City play they do!! )
Poor marketing at a time when the clubs need ticket sales to be buoyant.
I would have gone to the semi if it was a Friday / Saturday or Sunday.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 pm So it will be mid week between away at Quins and home to Bristol. Those 2 weekends Irish are away to Falcons and home to wasps and will be hunting that play off place
I notice that they play on the Friday before and the Sunday after whereas we play on Saturday both times. They could well include a few more senior players midweek.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:06 pm I feel sorry for the players of all four teams in the semis that they aren’t being played over a weekend.
Tuesday nights game at Tigers was a prime example of not promoting the game: ko too late for children to attend so great rugby watched by so few! Furthermore,hardly any of the games covered by the National press.
(Mind you the Leicester Mercury rarely reports on Friday games either yet if City play they do!! )
Poor marketing at a time when the clubs need ticket sales to be buoyant.
I would have gone to the semi if it was a Friday / Saturday or Sunday.
Be careful,the rugby calendar police will be on you 😂