Red Roses vs Ireland @ Welford Road - Sunday 24th April - 12-00pm Kick Off

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Red Roses vs Ireland @ Welford Road - Sunday 24th April - 12-00pm Kick Off

Post by Darc Tiger »

Just having a look the tickets website and, from some quick maths, it looks like there is about 8000 tickets left. Capacity is about 24000-26000 (Still reduced due to Covid?), so we're looking at a crowd of at least 17000. And there is still 4 weeks and 2 rounds of free-to-air coverage to go.

It's hard to find a source for a record attendance for a Red Roses match, but I can't find one in England that's larger than the 13000 for the 2010 WC final at The Stoop, or the 17000 at the Kingspan for the 2017 WC final.

So it looks like we're set to host a record attendance for the Red Roses! I'd like to see the club promote it a little bit more, as I think a 20000+ crowd looks achievable.

I'm very much a fan of the shift to giving the Women's Six Nations its own window. Especially with the Spring weather and the good coverage from the BBC. Its also great to see the RFU spreading the fixtures around the country, instead of struggling to fill a single tier at Twickenham every time.

This Red Roses team really is brilliant. Bursting with talent and role models, and they play an exciting brand of rugby with a great skill level. So if you haven't booked a ticket yet, please do! You won't regret it! :smt026
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Red Roses vs Ireland @ Welford Road - Sunday 24th April - 12-00pm Kick Off

Post by CJ »

Booked mine the moment they went on sale and looking forward to a great match and day out. Really hope we get a capacity crowd!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Have seen a lot of posts popping up on Leicester Tigers facebook pages…..so it is being well promoted.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Looks like Glaws are also going for the record..

https://twitter.com/LeicesterTigers/sta ... ZU31g&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:25 pm Have seen a lot of posts popping up on Leicester Tigers facebook pages…..so it is being well promoted.
I avoid Facebook these days, but that's good to hear. I just felt like I hadn't seen much promo, so thought I'd give it a shoutout.
BiteMe

Post by BiteMe »

Watching the Red Roses team is almost getting greater for me in terms of enjoyment than watching the men’s team - I accept the fact that they win the vast majority of their matches could be a factor in this. The standard and quality of their play is admirable.

I hope they get a sell out at MWWR.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Darc Tiger wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:50 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:25 pm Have seen a lot of posts popping up on Leicester Tigers facebook pages…..so it is being well promoted.
I avoid Facebook these days, but that's good to hear. I just felt like I hadn't seen much promo, so thought I'd give it a shoutout.
That’s the problem with using social media as a news outlet. A lot of people don’t use it and don’t want it.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

loretta wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:42 am
That’s the problem with using social media as a news outlet. A lot of people don’t use it and don’t want it.
This has been put as a news item on the Leicester Tigers home pages and subsequently put on Facebook / Twitter for further exposure where there are may users. I look at Facebook but not twitter and there are probably many that use twitter but not facebook.
This match is not being organised by the Club but by the RFU so they will promote it further. Tigers are doing their bit.
www.matthampson.co.uk
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:21 am

This has been put as a news item on the Leicester Tigers home pages and subsequently put on Facebook / Twitter for further exposure where there are may users. I look at Facebook but not twitter and there are probably many that use twitter but not facebook.
This match is not being organised by the Club but by the RFU so they will promote it further. Tigers are doing their bit.
I'm sure you're right, and I didn't intend to infer anything otherwise. My general point is simply that, if information is dribbled out on the various social media platforms, there may be many people who use them and have access, but not everyone. Websites are open to all.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

loretta wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:51 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:21 am

I'm sure you're right, and I didn't intend to infer anything otherwise. My general point is simply that, if information is dribbled out on the various social media platforms, there may be many people who use them and have access, but not everyone. Websites are open to all.
Not a problem with any of your post. There are so many avenues out their to promote events and also people of different ages and abilities who have preferences. Some are old school and prefer pen and paper to PCs and phoning up to make bookings instead of online. We live in a very varied world........not all bad.
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I would not have known about the match except for Facebook - which I am about to quit. Even those of us who have extensively used social media may miss stuff if we don't regularly check websites or get on emailing lists. Social media makes people lazy and passive. alas, except when they go into keyboard warrior mode (something I am trying to minimise myself :smt005 ).
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Chez
Tiger Cub

Post by Chez »

After watching the Roses demolish Wales this afternoon I can only concur that a very large crowd to see them do the same to Ireland would be fantastic. Glaws managed 14689 which so far is the record... come on we can't let them get away with that! Emily Scarratt, if she is picked (and why wouldn't you!) is due to receive her 100th England cap - imagine doing that in front of a record crowd in your home town.... we owe her that much surely?
I also agree that the quality of the rugby is excellent and so very entertaining - lots of ball in hand 🏉🏉🏉
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

By my count on the clubs ticket site, there are about 6500 tickets left, including hospitality. :smt026

20k definitely seems achievable with 2 weeks to go!

Edit: Tickets on the England site only appear to have singles and standing left, unsure if they overlap with what the Tigers site is giving me. Unlikely to change the metrics much unless they're hoarding a shedload of standing tickets.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Apparently the number to beat for a standalone test match is 17740 for France vs England in Grenoble, 2018. That's if you don't include 29000 for the Baabaas vs SA match in the autumn when the men's game was called off.

We got this! :smt027
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

Chez, thanks for the heads up about Emily's 100th cap. I know she plays for Loughbrough, but she is a Yorkshire lass, from Wakefield, so I have to claim her for God's County.