London Irish (H) - 29th March 2022 - Prem Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

London Irish (H) - 29th March 2022 - Prem Cup

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ok so team's out for the the Prem game this weekend so here's my guess at what we may see Tuesday.

Murimurivalu
Van Wyk
Cusick
Socino
Saumaki
Hegarty
Edwards
Van Wyk
Vanes
Hurd
Martin
Chessum L
Agbongbon
Robinson
Jansen

Clare
Richardson
Hoyt
Owen
Ilione
Law
Lancaster
Browning

Think with Martin not in the prem 23 it's a perfect place to see him at lock, especially with us being thin on other options there.

Guessing no Taute, but he may start and Cusick on the bench, not sure if Socino plays much 13, but could see Lancaster at 12 and Socino there?

Potter may play given there's a bye coming up?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: London Irish (H) - 29th March 2022 - Prem Cup

Post by RunTigerRun »

Like the look of that team!

A few changes for me, based more on what I'd like to see rather than who could be picked...

Potter for van Wyk at 14

I'd like to see Lancaster at 12.

Personally I'd have Scott at 13 outside Lancaster (bit of experience and I'd give Scott the captaincy) and have Cusick instead of Socino on the bench - just to keep the ideal of the cup being younger players.

I'd Love to see Henderson instead of Owen on the bench to give Cameron some gametime but this depends on fitness, likewise Tom Manz somewhere but again depends on fitness.

Swap Robinson and Ilione round at 7 and 20 for me and that would be a cracking team!

Can't say I envy the coaches picking the teams each week - squad depth is great to see!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 pm Like the look of that team!

A few changes for me, based more on what I'd like to see rather than who could be picked...

Potter for van Wyk at 14

I'd like to see Lancaster at 12.

Personally I'd have Scott at 13 outside Lancaster (bit of experience and I'd give Scott the captaincy) and have Cusick instead of Socino on the bench - just to keep the ideal of the cup being younger players.

I'd Love to see Henderson instead of Owen on the bench to give Cameron some gametime but this depends on fitness, likewise Tom Manz somewhere but again depends on fitness.

Swap Robinson and Ilione round at 7 and 20 for me and that would be a cracking team!

Can't say I envy the coaches picking the teams each week - squad depth is great to see!!
Agreed think will be a strong side with any of the top 30 or so players who don’t get time on Sunday getting a run Tuesday, as it’s then our bye week
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So depending on Ford possibly being injured, I'd probably not risk Hegarty on Tuesday, though if Ford just needs the bye week to rest up I'd stick with him at 10
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Would like to see all of, Claire, Henderson, Martin, Wigglesworth, Potter, Scott, to mention a few, given a run to maintain some fitness. Only Proviso maybe that Burns has posted he is off to Dubai for a few days, so I do wonder if the vast majority of the squad have been given a few days off for some R & R
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

SB in Radio Leicester interview seemed to suggest all players were off after the game on Tuesday. May be the way I heard it though.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Offside wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:34 pm SB in Radio Leicester interview seemed to suggest all players were off after the game on Tuesday. May be the way I heard it though.
Ah that would make sense Sunday kick off in Clermont makes things a little easier off till Monday then back to it
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Martin has been missing from the squad for a few weeks now. I'm guessing he's injured so won't be playing on Tuesday. Hopefully Henderson is finally back from injury.

I wouldn't expect many if any first team players to be involved. The bye week is there for them to rest up not play a game in a largely meaningless competition to us.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Such a difficult balancing act. You don’t want any injuries but you want the squad to remain match sharp. Assuming we will play similar sides in the 2 games v Clermont some players may not have any competitive rugby for over a month
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

start Lancaster at 12 over Socino, they may not take a risk with Hegarty if Ford is out for a while
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Also have young Jed Walsh
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:53 pm Ok so team's out for the the Prem game this weekend so here's my guess at what we may see Tuesday.

Murimurivalu
Van Wyk
Cusick
Socino
Saumaki
Hegarty
Edwards
Van Wyk
Vanes
Hurd
Martin
Chessum L
Agbongbon
Robinson
Jansen

Clare
Richardson
Hoyt
Owen
Ilione
Law
Lancaster
Browning

Think with Martin not in the prem 23 it's a perfect place to see him at lock, especially with us being thin on other options there.

Guessing no Taute, but he may start and Cusick on the bench, not sure if Socino plays much 13, but could see Lancaster at 12 and Socino there?

Potter may play given there's a bye coming up?
Pretty much what I’d go for TFS but I think I’d start Lancaster at 10 with Meredith on the bench again. Would like to see him again, looked handy last week.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
DMATiger

Post by DMATiger »

Based on the winning team against Exeter would like to see;
Van Wyk/Clare/Hurd
Martin/L.Chessum
Agbongbon/Jansen/Robinson
Wigglesworth/Hegarty
Socino/Scott
Saumaki/Murimurivalu/Potter

Vanes/Richardson/Hoyt/Manz
Ilione/Edwards/Lancaster/Browning
Injury dependent of course
bendy

Post by bendy »

Presume they'll name the team midday today?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Interesting team shame it isn’t on tv will 100% watch the full match replay if it’s on.

Big chance for Browning really.