Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Fixtures 25th to 27th March 2022

Post by Tiglon »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:44 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:55 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:47 pm Just seen the Farrell “tackle”.Shoulder on shoulder….no arms….penalty…correct decision. And the player was falling having been tackled.
Mentioned in today’s commentary that Farrell has been slaughtered on social media
He’s the only player who has an alleged bad tackle technique….haha…others who do the same are called “committed” or “competitive”, but when you’ve got a dad in the game and you’re driven like Farrell is and don’t trust or give much away in the media, people don’t like it. Then there’s the Saracens thing.
It was a long way from being the worst tackle seen this weekend, let alone this season, yet it's the most talked about tackle so far. I'm not the biggest fan of Farrell but it really wasn't a bad enough tackle to warrant much discussion.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:59 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Mentioned in today’s commentary that Farrell has been slaughtered on social media
He’s the only player who has an alleged bad tackle technique….haha…others who do the same are called “committed” or “competitive”, but when you’ve got a dad in the game and you’re driven like Farrell is and don’t trust or give much away in the media, people don’t like it. Then there’s the Saracens thing.
It was a long way from being the worst tackle seen this weekend, let alone this season, yet it's the most talked about tackle so far. I'm not the biggest fan of Farrell but it really wasn't a bad enough tackle to warrant much discussion.
Watched it on TV and reversed it to watch again, penalty or marginal yellow, BUT thought it was a gratuitous ribtickler (no attempt to wrap) that hit higher as the player was falling. Rib ticklers were of course expected in rugby before TMOs.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:23 pm
Tiglon wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:59 pm

Watched it on TV and reversed it to watch again, penalty or marginal yellow, BUT thought it was a gratuitous ribtickler (no attempt to wrap) that hit higher as the player was falling. Rib ticklers were of course expected in rugby before TMOs.
Yeah definite penalty, probably not yellow but I wouldn't be outraged if it was. I thought Genge's late hit was worse, and I'm still baffled as to how the ref thought he tried to wrap an arm.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Might have already been mentioned on here so apologies but Hughes charges in to the Sale players head and Simmons does the same for Irish against Saints and both get just yellows :smt017 Hughes was probably mitigated by the fact the player was low but for me he started low and stayed low and Hughes just comes motoring in and smashes him in the head. Simmons was just a simple ruck clear out but seemed pretty obvious head contact but both got away with a yellow. Had either of those been Wiese you can guarentee it would have been a red and a lengthy suspension. Have the laws changed, did I miss something with these incidents or is it just the usual lack of consistency? :smt017
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:10 pm Might have already been mentioned on here so apologies but Hughes charges in to the Sale players head and Simmons does the same for Irish against Saints and both get just yellows :smt017 Hughes was probably mitigated by the fact the player was low but for me he started low and stayed low and Hughes just comes motoring in and smashes him in the head. Simmons was just a simple ruck clear out but seemed pretty obvious head contact but both got away with a yellow. Had either of those been Wiese you can guarentee it would have been a red and a lengthy suspension. Have the laws changed, did I miss something with these incidents or is it just the usual lack of consistency? :smt017
3 none yellows for Sarries too which have all been given in other games for the same incidents. 2 of those for us with Nadolo yesterday which was nowhere near as blatant as Billy Vs slap down and the other for Muris late hit on the try scorer which wasn't as bad as the Sarries player who dived on top of the Bristol late disallowed try scorer. Poor all round and happening week in week out!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/timoconnorbl/status ... YK-Ug&s=19

Talking about inconsistency in referee's.

Southern Hemisphere seem to get away with more head contact before cards. Here's one that was given as red, but has now been overturned...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:48 pm https://twitter.com/timoconnorbl/status ... YK-Ug&s=19

Talking about inconsistency in referee's.

Southern Hemisphere seem to get away with more head contact before cards. Here's one that was given as red, but has now been overturned...
They seem to play by different rules down there, like when they let Jordie Barrett off of his red card when Paolo Odogwu had a almost identical incident and his red card and ban were upheld and he was banned for 6 weeks.

I fail to see what really mitigates anything to overturn that red.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Well it appears Worcester have dug out some players from somewhere now that it's a competition they can get to the semifinals in...

In other news Sports resolutions UK is investigating the Worcester cancellation vs Gloucester, so it's definitely not a simple 4-2 points split...

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/15 ... Boubw&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.