Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Exeter (A) - Sunday 27th March 2022

Post by Tigers86asw »

fentiger wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:12 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:09 pm
mightymouse wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:05 pm It’s the same offence Russell got a yellow for in the 6 nations. If he is not interfered with without the ball then he had more that a fair chance of catching it therefore not a deliberate knock on. At worst knock on at best penalty the other way. It’s one of those TMO/ referee decisions that just makes no sense.

Also the Tigers App .. This weeks fans favourite…One Mr. C. Ashton … well well well.. good on you Chris .. we like winners at Tigers .. well done on the joint record.. just do not splash when you get the out and out record and you will be a Tigers favourite in perpetuity!
Totally agree and he is obviously heavily invested in it and enjoying it as are his team mates.
Re the yellow card imo it was a fair decision but that’s me. What did annoy me was the Steward Whitton incident which was at best a Tigers penalty and possibly a yellow card for Whitton
Agreed, the ball was in front of Steward and he was going forward so to claim he over ran it is ridiculous! :smt017
What a great win. To lose Ford as well and come through it all- great stuff. The referee- well he got some of the big penalty decisions wrong. Steward is airborne and is clattered 2 m from where the ball lands- he needs to be protected. Ref says he overran the ball- what on earth is the TMO doing there. ‘Sorry Luke Whitten has blocked him- formal review please’. If steward had landed badly then Whitten would have seen a card.

Some marginal calls are fine but with player safety like that, particularly when the law is so well established- just plain wrong.

Loved the end to the game. Just drove them backwards- big smile from Steve as well.
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

Slightly different topic - Exeter have been 'forced' to move away from their native American identity due to it's racist overtones, yet they still insist on shouting that bleedin' annoying war chant (am I mistaken I thinking they even played it over their PA?). Have they no shame?

Thoughts anyone? :smt017
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

oh and who knew Dan Kelly could kick from the tee? I would have thought Steward of Youngs would have taken the conversion when Ford was getting his ankle strapped
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Reggie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:21 pm Slightly different topic - Exeter have been 'forced' to move away from their native American identity due to it's racist overtones, yet they still insist on shouting that bleedin' annoying war chant (am I mistaken I thinking they even played it over their PA?). Have they no shame?

yep chuck them our the league as punishment, down to the bottom tier from whence they came, purely so Baxter quits and the RFU take him when Jones flops at the World Cup :smt002
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Reggie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:21 pm Slightly different topic - Exeter have been 'forced' to move away from their native American identity due to it's racist overtones, yet they still insist on shouting that bleedin' annoying war chant (am I mistaken I thinking they even played it over their PA?). Have they no shame?

Now you mention it I have to say I didn’t notice either the drums or the chant today maybe because we were winning ??
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Officially I think they are changing iconography at the end of the season rather than midseason, so they've agreed to stop it for having racist overtones, but not quite yet...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:15 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:09 pm

Totally agree and he is obviously heavily invested in it and enjoying it as are his team mates.
Re the yellow card imo it was a fair decision but that’s me. What did annoy me was the Steward Whitton incident which was at best a Tigers penalty and possibly a yellow card for Whitton
Agreed, the ball was in front of Steward and he was going forward so to claim he over ran it is ridiculous! :smt017
What a great win. To lose Ford as well and come through it all- great stuff. The referee- well he got some of the big penalty decisions wrong. Steward is airborne and is clattered 2 m from where the ball lands- he needs to be protected. Ref says he overran the ball- what on earth is the TMO doing there. ‘Sorry Luke Whitten has blocked him- formal review please’. If steward had landed badly then Whitten would have seen a card.

Some marginal calls are fine but with player safety like that, particularly when the law is so well established- just plain wrong.

Loved the end to the game. Just drove them backwards- big smile from Steve as well.
Whitten "accidentally" seemed to find himself under a lot of Steward's jumps. A deliberate tactic, I feel, and one I'm sure could have been nipped in the bud.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

loretta wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:57 pm
Tigers86asw wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:15 pm

Whitten "accidentally" seemed to find himself under a lot of Steward's jumps. A deliberate tactic, I feel, and one I'm sure could have been nipped in the bud.
doesn't have his hands up to catch, doesn't jump he should have been off the field for 10 minutes, Luke Pearce and the TMO should be back to ref school to see what being in a position to catch a ball looks like
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

That last phase for Chiefs when they went into reverse due to our pressure was the very epitome of our season. Working hard to the very last minute. That was amazing and heart warming. Great result and to have qualified for the semis is incredible. Last season if anyone had said we would be first to qualify they would have been taken away in a straight jacket!!
There is never any points for 2nd place...
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm oh and who knew Dan Kelly could kick from the tee? I would have thought Steward of Youngs would have taken the conversion when Ford was getting his ankle strapped
I'd seen video of both Kelly and Moroni kicking at sticks recently, Moroni apparently putting them over from near half way
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:21 pm That last phase for Chiefs when they went into reverse due to our pressure was the very epitome of our season. Working hard to the very last minute. That was amazing and heart warming. Great result and to have qualified for the semis is incredible. Last season if anyone had said we would be first to qualify they would have been taken away in a straight jacket!!
The discipline was admirable we didn’t even look like giving a penalty away
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:33 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:21 pm That last phase for Chiefs when they went into reverse due to our pressure was the very epitome of our season. Working hard to the very last minute. That was amazing and heart warming. Great result and to have qualified for the semis is incredible. Last season if anyone had said we would be first to qualify they would have been taken away in a straight jacket!!
I think it was just that. Chiefs needed a cheap get out clause. But we didn’t give it them. Sir Kev is clearly God like!! I am hoping chiefs fail top 4, Baxter has run his course and he gets the England job…Mr Borthwick signs a 10 year contract with Tigers, locking in Sir Kev, Aled and Deacon….
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:40 pm
I think it was just that. Chiefs needed a cheap get out clause. But we didn’t give it them. Sir Kev is clearly God like!! I am hoping chiefs fail top 4, Baxter has run his course and he gets the England job…Mr Borthwick signs a 10 year contract with Tigers, locking in Sir Kev, Aled and Deacon….
Certainly I think they are going to struggle. Interesting you mention Deacon, he and Dossers lad seem to be doing really good jobs under strong mentorship
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:44 pm
Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Certainly I think they are going to struggle. Interesting you mention Deacon, he and Dossers lad seem to be doing really good jobs under strong mentorship
Succession planning is the name of the game. Most sporting dynasties have fallen due to no planning for the next generation.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

And Ashton deserves credit. The bloke is a poacher. He scores and looks very happy and comfortable at MWWR. He is what a top team need. A bloke who scores tries, sees the game before it’s happened and pounces on it.
He can have an extra year too…obliviously if I was CEO..