Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Exeter (A) - Sunday 27th March 2022

Post by loretta »

As long as it wasn’t Dayglo, I’ll believe that
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:25 pm
Postiger2 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:56 pm Freddie B a bit unlucky not to be starting imho. Not a grumble, just an observation.
One of those damned if he does damned if he doesn’t calls for SB. No doubt that a fit and firing Ford starts ahead of Burns everytime, also IMO Burns and JVP coming on against tiring legs will have more impact
That's a good point. You'd imagine it'll be a battle. As you say, if it does break up as players tire towards the end, these two guys will be ideal replacements.

Also, I guess Fordy will be 100% fit and will have a point to prove having barely been used by England.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:43 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:24 pm George Martin injured currently or just not selected?
Unknown.

Possibly, with our depth at back row atm he may be being saved for a trial run at lock for our game Tuesday.
Notably absent from training atm - not a selection issue
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

strawclearer wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:05 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:43 pm
Goshengareth wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:24 pm George Martin injured currently or just not selected?
Unknown.

Possibly, with our depth at back row atm he may be being saved for a trial run at lock for our game Tuesday.
Notably absent from training atm - not a selection issue
Interesting do you have an inside source
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

ay2oh wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:52 pm The commentator at the Sarries-Bristol game said if we win that’s top four done.
Yes correct. Outside the current top four, only Gloucester can overtake us (but would need 6 bonus point wins in a row). However, if we beat Exeter (even if they get two bonus points and we get none) then they can no longer overtake us. Which means if we win, we are guaranteed at least 4th spot.

If we lose, we can still be mathematically overtaken by four clubs.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Bristol Tiger wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:45 am
ay2oh wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:52 pm The commentator at the Sarries-Bristol game said if we win that’s top four done.
Yes correct. Outside the current top four, only Gloucester can overtake us (but would need 6 bonus point wins in a row). However, if we beat Exeter (even if they get two bonus points and we get none) then they can no longer overtake us. Which means if we win, we are guaranteed at least 4th spot.

Overtaken?! :smt018 I don't think I'm being over-optimistic in us maintaining our position and getting home-field advantage COYT!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

markharbtiger wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:52 am

Overtaken?! :smt018 I don't think I'm being over-optimistic in us maintaining our position and getting home-field advantage COYT!
Absolutely not I’m confident we can take something from todays game and just keep building.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

The fact that Glos still have to play Quins and Sarries, and Sarries also play Exeter, will muddy the maths a bit. They can't all take maximum points
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Anyone else got mixed feelings on the 10 shirt? We all know Ford is world class but Freddie has played out of his skin the last few games.

Eitherway, I guess it’s a great selection problem to have.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:44 pm Anyone else got mixed feelings on the 10 shirt? We all know Ford is world class but Freddie has played out of his skin the last few games.

Eitherway, I guess it’s a great selection problem to have.
See my post above
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:41 pm

The fact that Glos still have to play Quins and Sarries, and Sarries also play Exeter, will muddy the maths a bit. They can't all take maximum points
They don’t seem to have awarded the points to Gloucester for the Worcester game yet so that makes working out difficult.
By my reckoning Sale can’t catch us, Irish and Saints will have to win every game with bonus points to catch us and that’s without us gaining any more points this season. Below them are too far away. TBH even if Gloucester get awarded 5 points to take them to 59 their last 2 games of the season are away at Quins and home to Saracens
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

No game thread or comments?

Good game so far but too much back chat getting us marched back 10 twice now.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Worrying as we have had all the possession but not taking the points!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:33 pm Worrying as we have had all the possession but not taking the points!!

And right on cue Freddie Steward scores :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:36 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:33 pm Worrying as we have had all the possession but not taking the points!!

And right on cue Freddie Steward scores :smt041 :smt041 :smt041
And Kelly converts. Wasn't aware he was a kicker.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!