"Afters" - Foot on line at throw ins?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LittleBigG

"Afters" - Foot on line at throw ins?

Post by LittleBigG »

So, when Muri (rightly) got yellow carded last week and Sarries got a penalty restart, we were confidently informed by the commentators that "it's something they are cracking down on"

This week, after watching the higlights, we see Phipps shove Potter back down into the mud AND slide into Reffell as he clattered into the advertising boards...

I think Muri's action was more reckless, hence deserving the yellow as well, but surely these two should have been a penalty restart - if they are supposedly "cracking down"... two completely unnecessary, petulant actions, with no hope of preventing the try being scored, by the same player (and, quite frankly, more avoidable!)

Unfortunately I think my assertion of "this is the first - and last - time we'll see that this season" won't be too far off the money... :smt012
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: "Afters"

Post by Rugbygramps »

Bassett just been penalised for dropping into Grayson after he had grounded the ball. Only a penalty but right decision
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:19 pm Bassett just been penalised for dropping into Grayson after he had grounded the ball. Only a penalty but right decision
I guess I stand corrected then! :smt005
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LittleBigG wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:23 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:19 pm Bassett just been penalised for dropping into Grayson after he had grounded the ball. Only a penalty but right decision
I guess I stand corrected then! :smt005
Not at all it’s something that needs getting rid of. Thought I would mention it
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Next for Hookers feet off the pitch at lineouts?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:46 pm Next for Hookers feet off the pitch at lineouts?
Hardly dangerous though is it. Hooker causes injury through having his feet 6 inches over the touch line shock horror probe
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:48 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:46 pm Next for Hookers feet off the pitch at lineouts?
Hardly dangerous though is it. Hooker causes injury through having his feet 6 inches over the touch line shock horror probe
Getting the beggars to throw in straight would be a start. A throw direct to the front man from on the pitch is less straight than one from back off it.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:58 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:48 pm
Getting the beggars to throw in straight would be a start. A throw direct to the front man from on the pitch is less straight than one from back off it.
Tbf there are more being given now
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Next......offside in midfield 😁😁😁
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:05 pm Next......offside in midfield 😁😁😁
Again I think it’s being looked at. The one that really frustrates me is the backs not staying 5 metres from the back foot of the scrum until the ball is out.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:07 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:05 pm Next......offside in midfield 😁😁😁
Again I think it’s being looked at. The one that really frustrates me is the backs not staying 5 metres from the back foot of the scrum until the ball is out.
As I typed that, Wayne gave one.....then another. 😁😁
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Re putting in the line - putting in less than 5 is seen to often right under the officials nose.
As for hookers feet - rugby keen on rules/laws so yes if it's in breach ping it!

Big element of winning and losing is not just technical skills and fitness but discipline.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wasps prop down after friendly fire as try being scored😂 Poetic justice maybe
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Nofrontteeth wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:12 pm Re putting in the line - putting in less than 5 is seen to often right under the officials nose.
As for hookers feet - rugby keen on rules/laws so yes if it's in breach ping it!

Big element of winning and losing is not just technical skills and fitness but discipline.
Don’t think I’ve ever heard or seen it be mentioned other than by a couple on here, so don’t think it’s seen as a massive issue
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Are we creeping towards soccer 'ignores' like running throws and ball not on the 'D' for corners?
Slow erosion of standards by gamesmanship?