6 rounds to go

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

6 rounds to go

Post by Rugbygramps »

With the 6 nations nearly at an end thought it would be interesting to look at the state of play and key fixtures involving everyone from Sale upwards who are still in with a shout of a top 4 finish.

As it stands we are 20 points clear of chiefs in 4th and 12 points clear of Saracens in 2nd though they have a game in hand. Quins on 58 points away at Bristol today, a Bristol win would make things slightly more comfortable, 5 point win for Quins puts them on 63 points and same number of games as Tigers.

Round 21- Big game Exeter v Tigers, possible banana skin for Sale at Bath, Quins bye week
Round 22 - 2 huge games with Sarries going to Sale and Quins going to Irish. Tigers bye week
Round 23 - Again 2 big games Quins v Tigers and Saracens v Exeter
Round 24- Wouldn’t expect any games to go against the form book. Exeter bye week
Round 25- Big game is Gloucester v Quins
Round 26 - 2 big games Gloucester v Saracens and Exeter v Quins. Irish bye week.

Plenty of twists and turns to come but if I had to put a £1 on it I would go for a top 4 of Tigers, Saracens, Exeter, Gloucester
SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Re: 6 rounds to go

Post by SASCOkid »

I think you may be underestimating Quins,
once they get there star players back they could easily sneak at top 4 spot.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Couldn't care less who is in the top 4 ,only that we finish 1st and Sarries finish 5th 🤪
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:38 am Couldn't care less who is in the top 4 ,only that we finish 1st and Sarries finish 5th 🤪
And the odds of them finishing 5th are
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

SASCOkid wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:39 am I think you may be underestimating Quins,
once they get there star players back they could easily sneak at top 4 spot.
I’ve gone on the basis of them having the hardest run in against teams that all have something to play for. As well as Tigers at home they have to go to Irish Gloucester and Sale, and away at Bristol today is no gimme