What's the best views in the House?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

speedski
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: What's the best views in the House?

Post by speedski »

Crumble every day of the week. Closer to half way the busier it will be. You need to find the right
People round you - we have and every game 90% of the people are there every game (the closer to the ends of the stand you are it seems the less constant the attendees are)

It’s tradition. It’s basic. It’s rough. It’s tigers :D
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Thanks everyone. Really helpful food for thought 👍 The issue of sun in the eyes is a good one - for example, it was particularly bad at the last game. As for watching side-to-side versus top to bottom we never thought about that. Interesting.

For LE18. Cushions already acquired! Plastic chairs versus “age related issues” make them essential bits of kit !
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Watching from one end gives a great perspective on space and tactics for me. Watching from the side gives more of a territory perspective and as the aim is to get the ball over the line at one end seems to be more the view for the game itself. I gravitate to the terrace just off half way at the back. Partly because my brother is a season ticket holder and he and his friends rooted there and our kids came and watched and his under the steps. Sat in the Crumbie twice. Once when terrace was sold out and also the first time I ever went down for a Christmas Barbarians match in 1970s. I didn’t remember the need for a cushion from 70s but I will if every I go their again :smt045
For away games I usually end up about at the 22 on the cheapest side but when standing at the end at the Sale game and thought the cost benefit was good - but I am tight!
It is good that we have a range of views so the whole stadium can be full.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Forget sitting .. it’s boring and uncomfortable
Get into terrace .. chat to people you know or you don’t.. have a bit of banter the opposition fans if there are any. Feel the impact of the big hits and the scrums. Smell the liniment. Hear the players calls. Shout at the ref and watch him respond. Explain the laws to the touch jusge and point out the officials errors. Take the mickey out of the opposition bench and coaches.. it’s all great fun .. it’s what a Saturday afternoon is all about .. I highly recommend it … and it’s cheaper!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

On the side-on or behind the posts debate, I went with father-in-law to watch the Heineken Cup final against Brive at the old Arms Park. We were standing at the West end of the ground towards the SW corner. My memory is of seeing diddly squat as all the action was at the far end. I have avoided sitting at the ends of grounds where possible ever since. The few times where there was no choice (usually away games), nithing happened to change my opinion.

Ask yourself, why are the main TV cameras at the side?
SASCOkid
Tiger Cub

Post by SASCOkid »

Crumbie between half way and Welford road end. Been there man and boy with my Dad when he was still with us.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:09 pm On the side-on or behind the posts debate, I went with father-in-law to watch the Heineken Cup final against Brive at the old Arms Park. We were standing at the West end of the ground towards the SW corner. My memory is of seeing diddly squat as all the action was at the far end. I have avoided sitting at the ends of grounds where possible ever since. The few times where there was no choice (usually away games), nithing happened to change my opinion.

Ask yourself, why are the main TV cameras at the side?
I think watching end on end has to be done from a certain height.
Ask yourself why the Tigers coaches camera is always high up in one of the exec boxes
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Over many decades I've experienced literally every side of the ground - terrace, Crumbie seating, the old mound at the Welford Road end, the stand that's there now, the old Members' Stand, its replacement and now the Aylestone Road stand. For atmosphere you can't beat the terrace, but advanced age means I have to sit now. I do prefer end-on views, both home and away, and find that two-thirds of the way up the Aylestone Road stand and just to one side of the posts gives a reasonable view of the whole pitch and protection from the weather.
Ancient Mariner