London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: London Irish (Home) - Saturday 12th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by DaveRave »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:22 pm Where can I catch the highlights please?
There's about 7 minutes worth here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wcsF9emyK8
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

DaveRave wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:06 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:22 pm Where can I catch the highlights please?
There's about 7 minutes worth here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wcsF9emyK8
Thanks 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

As much as I'm a huge fan of George Ford and as excited as I am to see Handre Pollard pull on the jersey, I absolutely love watching Freddie Burns at 10, such a brilliant player to watch. I love the guy.
TheUnknown

Post by TheUnknown »

Let's face it. If we are not champions on June 18th, that will be a huge disappointment. We have been by far the best team this season
LekkerTigers

Post by LekkerTigers »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:56 pm As much as I'm a huge fan of George Ford and as excited as I am to see Handre Pollard pull on the jersey, I absolutely love watching Freddie Burns at 10, such a brilliant player to watch. I love the guy.
We seem to play very positive rugby when he’s at 10.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LekkerTigers wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:06 am
Postiger2 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:56 pm As much as I'm a huge fan of George Ford and as excited as I am to see Handre Pollard pull on the jersey, I absolutely love watching Freddie Burns at 10, such a brilliant player to watch. I love the guy.
We seem to play very positive rugby when he’s at 10.
And I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. George Ford is a wonderful player, and I’m sure his skill set is up there with Burns. They both play different games, Ford plays the percentages, Burns is a much more heads up type of player, and when his confidence is high it is a joy to see.
It would maybe do Ford some good, given his lack of game time, to give him a half in the 2nd PRC match, but encourage him to take the shackles off.
As things stand at the moment I would start with Burns v Exeter with Ford on the bench
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:15 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:12 pm No argument that Tigers are doing brilliantly.
Sitting in the Mattioli Stand has, in the last two games seen two remarkable tries scored by Porter and Ashton.
The team will also know that their defence and lapses of concentration just after half time need addressing but this has been an excellent effort during the 6 Nations.
Be great to go to Exeter with today’s starting 15 to start again with Genge, Ford, Cole, Youngs, Steward, Moroni on the bench!!
Genge and Steward were immense for England today.
Hegarty has filled in admirably and has certainly helped with that success but Steward straight back to 15 for me. Genge maybe to add impact off the bench along with a returning Cole and Youngs but I'd start Steward vs. Exeter for sure.
I’m afraid I was unimpressed and rather frustrated with Hegarty yesterday, Steward coming back in would be very welcome
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

As daft as this may sound, the good thing is that there are still plenty of things which aren't right and need (in some cases lots of) work and yet we're still challenging strongly in all three competitions.

Restarts have been marmite all season long. We're either excellent or utter dross and teams know that if they kick to compete then they have a decent chance of turning us over.

Our back play is ever so slowly coming together but also needs lots of work.

Im looking forward to seeing the group grow and improve.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

loretta wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:17 am
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:15 pm
Ian Cant wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:12 pm No argument that Tigers are doing brilliantly.
Sitting in the Mattioli Stand has, in the last two games seen two remarkable tries scored by Porter and Ashton.
The team will also know that their defence and lapses of concentration just after half time need addressing but this has been an excellent effort during the 6 Nations.
Be great to go to Exeter with today’s starting 15 to start again with Genge, Ford, Cole, Youngs, Steward, Moroni on the bench!!
Genge and Steward were immense for England today.
Hegarty has filled in admirably and has certainly helped with that success but Steward straight back to 15 for me. Genge maybe to add impact off the bench along with a returning Cole and Youngs but I'd start Steward vs. Exeter for sure.
I’m afraid I was unimpressed and rather frustrated with Hegarty yesterday, Steward coming back in would be very welcome
Go on, I'll bite, what did he do wrong yesterday?
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I hope today has convinced everyone that FB is a number 10 and a number 10 only. His game of probing kicks, little dinks, and bombs do not work at 15. Hegarty has done OK but is only a backup 15 at best. A very good performance all round and Nemani looked absolutely knackered 15 mins from the end. I said to my friend, I wasn't unhappy to see him yellowed so that he avoided any injury as we will need him to be fit at the business end of the season. I would give as many of the squad a rest next week as possible. If we win the prem cup ok but not really the goal for me. We have 5 more games in the prem and are 22 points ahead of Glaws who have 6 so could possibly get 30 more points and catch us, 20 points ahead of Exeter, 23 points ahead of Irish, 24 points ahead of Sale, all of who have 5 and could get 25 points and catch us, so qualification for the play-off is not a certainty yet so no let-up in what we are doing. I want to win the prem as my number 1 goal and Europe as a number 2, but what a season we have had if we fail in both
Hehehehehehehehe
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

He missed a few tackles, but he was not alone in that. 27 missed tackles in all but rather worryingly 23 of the missed tackles were by the backs.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TheUnknown wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:23 pm Let's face it. If we are not champions on June 18th, that will be a huge disappointment. We have been by far the best team this season
Completely disagree. I'd love to win this year, but to say that one result defines our season is wrong.

Yes Ford, Genge (and possibly if rumours are to be believed Nadolo) really do deserve to win something with this team.

What this group have done this season will be a success no matter what!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

trendylfj wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:49 am I hope today has convinced everyone that FB is a number 10 and a number 10 only. His game of probing kicks, little dinks, and bombs do not work at 15. Hegarty has done OK but is only a backup 15 at best. A very good performance all round and Nemani looked absolutely knackered 15 mins from the end. I said to my friend, I wasn't unhappy to see him yellowed so that he avoided any injury as we will need him to be fit at the business end of the season. I would give as many of the squad a rest next week as possible. If we win the prem cup ok but not really the goal for me. We have 5 more games in the prem and are 22 points ahead of Glaws who have 6 so could possibly get 30 more points and catch us, 20 points ahead of Exeter, 23 points ahead of Irish, 24 points ahead of Sale, all of who have 5 and could get 25 points and catch us, so qualification for the play-off is not a certainty yet so no let-up in what we are doing. I want to win the prem as my number 1 goal and Europe as a number 2, but what a season we have had if we fail in both
Some of those teams have to play each other so they can't all get maximum points from the remaining matches.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Was very impressed with the pace and swerve of the LI full-back (Stokes), having never seen him before. Until he saw Nadolo bearing down on him for his 2nd try…and just waved him through!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

chris111 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:00 am Was very impressed with the pace and swerve of the LI full-back (Stokes), having never seen him before. Until he saw Nadolo bearing down on him for his 2nd try…and just waved him through!
Their 15 yesterday was Harry Arundel, who was suggested as one to watch. Played for England u20s