Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Cohen sueing Tigers

Post by fentiger »

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/long-ser ... er-tigers/

Seems obvious where the salary cap allegations originated, then?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Cohen sueing Tigers

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:09 pm https://www.rugbypass.com/news/long-ser ... er-tigers/

Seems obvious where the salary cap allegations originated, then?
Quite possibly. There was a poster on here who was a big advocate of Cohen’s, who seems to have been very quiet of late
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Who could ever be in Cohen’s corner? I had reoccurring nightmares over the “no stone unturned worldwide search” that ended up with MOC 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

But as he was in charge when the Alleged Cap Breach occurred he was shopping himself, thereby making himself unemployable.

I rest my case M'Lord.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:28 pm Who could ever be in Cohen’s corner? I had reoccurring nightmares over the “no stone unturned worldwide search” that ended up with MOC 😂
Lost any respect I may have had for him when we were in Calvasino 2019. He was outside the ticket office and never even acknowledged us as supporters, so much for Tigers values, he never had any! His priorities that day were ensuring he would get his free meal in hospitality🙄
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Read the thread title and thought, "what the hell have we done to Ben Cohen"!!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

fentiger wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:02 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:28 pm Who could ever be in Cohen’s corner? I had reoccurring nightmares over the “no stone unturned worldwide search” that ended up with MOC 😂
Lost any respect I may have had for him when we were in Calvasino 2019. He was outside the ticket office and never even acknowledged us as supporters, so much for Tigers values, he never had any! His priorities that day were ensuring he would get his free meal in hospitality🙄
He's made comments about fans before so I'm not surprised at that!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cohen did a good job of giving certain vocal members of the Tigers supporters (Even ones who were initially very against him) freebies and experiences such as private invites to training sessions etc
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Hmmmm you would hope that when getting rid of someone at that level and on that kind of salary with immediate effect, you would either have clear misconduct and follow the disciplinary procedure to the letter or have that negotiation about payoff then and there rather than having it in court 22 months later.

Not surprising though, seems like every year someone sues us for handling their departure with naivety/clumsiness.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

The thing I blame him for the most is Murphy.

Gave him an impossible task as an interim job so he never put his foot down early, then gave it too him full time too late. He was given the poison chalice from Cohen and eventually put in an untenable situation.

In Andrea we trust, way better than Cohen.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Didn't like the bloke, and as it tuned out, I wasn't the only one. I really hope he is never allowed back into MWWR even watch a game from the stands He may win his case or may not, but whatever the result, we are far better of without him. Saw him several times on my many away trips, both in the UK and abroad, and never once did he even acknowledge my existence even when I was in the same hotel as the team.
Hehehehehehehehe
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

I can’t also help noticing that since Andrea and Steve have taken the helm our performance on and off the field has been nothing short of phenomenal.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:44 pm Cohen did a good job of giving certain vocal members of the Tigers supporters (Even ones who were initially very against him) freebies and experiences such as private invites to training sessions etc
Blast, big chance missed :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

BBC Radio Leicester reporting this matter has now been settled out of court. No doubt Mr Cohen will be fiscally content.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I liked Simon Cohen, I never had a freebie from him so owe him no favours. I can only speak as I personally found him and I felt I was able to raise any Tiger's related subject with him and always got a civil reply although not necessarily the reply I wanted. I do think, although I have no evidence, that he was too involved on selection, recruitment and retention whilst I think that should have been solely in the hands of the coaching staff. Obviously in his time he got somethings right but clearly not everything!
It does seem more than a coincidence that his departure was probably after the Board were made aware of possible salary cap breaches, and his claim for wrongful dismissal is submitted maybe as we are about to learn that the alleged breaches are minimal and not worth a severe punishment.
I am happy with our current streamlined Board and our coaching staff or at least the results they are producing and I am very happy that the Rugby Committee has been dispensed with.