Re: Other Fixtures 04th to 06th March 2022

Post by Rugbygramps »

Exeter blown that only get 4 points but up to 4th now
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Thought Exeter would easily get the try bonus point. Well done Sale.
Makes our bonus point even better now.
Just got to get a win v Irish.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:18 pm Exeter looking very good: lots of pace in their backs!
Really feel we have to find some attacking threats from the backs soon!
The Premiership is building to be the most exciting fight for top 4 and then 5th and 6th for a long time!!
They have very good hands in their backs, I love the way they ran, passed etc to 2 very quick jinky wingers, sadly Nandolo and Kini are big guys, very strong, but I feel they are not quick enough, and if thy do break through we don't seem to have fast men following, Potter and Porter are faster and better at that.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:18 pm Exeter looking very good: lots of pace in their backs!
The Premiership is building to be the most exciting fight for top 4 and then 5th and 6th for a long time!!
Agreed we still lack an effective attack and serious pace. Our forward play has developed nicely but we now need to hone our attack because against the best teams who have we have been found wanting. We can no longer continue to rely on tries via the forwards.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:26 pm
Agreed we still lack an effective attack. Our forward play has developed nicely but we now need to develop our attack because against the best teams who have we cannot continue to just not rely on trys via the forwards.
I haven’t got the figures, but I get the distinct impression that the likes of Potter, Porter, Nadolo, Kelly , Burns etc have all scored multiple times this season. It has been well documented that the attack was the last thing to be worked on and is a work in progress. I really don’t get all this negativity about how we score points, we are 12 points ahead at the top of the table and with the wind in the right direction will have qualified for the play offs after the next 2 matches, or is this all a lovely dream.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

No doubt Tigers progress this year has been epic. I guess its all about expectation as to if we can get any silverware. I believe we can.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

If we get a home semi final would back us against anyone .
A2O
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:09 pm If we get a home semi final would back us against anyone .
I worked out that if all the other teams currently in the top 4 won the rest of their matches with a try bonus point Tigers would need 18 points from their remaining 6 matches to ensure 2nd place and a home semi.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:49 am
ay2oh wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:09 pm If we get a home semi final would back us against anyone .
I worked out that if all the other teams currently in the top 4 won the rest of their matches with a try bonus point Tigers would need 18 points from their remaining 6 matches to ensure 2nd place and a home semi.
Excellent work from what I can see 2 big weekends coming up. Round 23 when we go to Quins and Exeter go to Sarries and the final round where Quins are at Exeter. Other fixtures of note are Saracens at Sale on a Friday night and same weekend Quins at Irish. Sarries also travel to kings Holme last game of the season