LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:09 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:04 pm https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/sq ... ent-220513

Lancaster confirmed gone, so guessing Ealing will be announcing him soon
Well that was short (and not so sweet), really disappointed tbh but he didn't shine at all in any of the admittedly few opportunities he got
As you say didn’t quite make the most of his opportunities. There will be a good few England u20 players that follow the same path
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Have to remember with Lancaster he was coming from a lower level than others, so the difference between U20s & Senior level would be greater.
There is potential there as a 2nd playmaker at 12 type, might just take a bit longer to get there.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

As Lancaster announced at 1pm, I am wondering if like yesterday, we'll get some others announced at regular intervals, or maybe it is only Lancaster as it is immediate?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Doubt it.

It’s a early release not leaving end of season.
Leavers clubs always do it as many as once rip the bandaid off fast
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

markharbtiger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:27 pm As Lancaster announced at 1pm, I am wondering if like yesterday, we'll get some others announced at regular intervals, or maybe it is only Lancaster as it is immediate?
I read it as this is possibly the only leaver being announced as the club he's going to want to announce him. Don't see releasing names of people going as news to excite and thrill, would have expected a full leavers list if it's all, unless there's some (eg Moroni) that aren't confirmed either way...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yes agreed. Hopefully that's all for the time being!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Definitely surprised Lancaster has gone so soon. Even if he hasn't been particularly impressive. I guess we've pivoted to Walsh and Meredith?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

It might not be as simple as just the club kicking him out because he's not good enough. Perhaps he is frustrated by the lack of game time, no suitable loan arrangement has come along and he feels his best option is the move to Ealing, so he's asked the club to let him leave early, SB has said we feel you have potential and would like you to stay but understand your reasoning, let's keep in touch and perhaps there will be an opportunity to come back in future. Everyone shakes hands and has a hug.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Tiglon wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:45 pm It might not be as simple as just the club kicking him out because he's not good enough. Perhaps he is frustrated by the lack of game time, no suitable loan arrangement has come along and he feels his best option is the move to Ealing, so he's asked the club to let him leave early, SB has said we feel you have potential and would like you to stay but understand your reasoning, let's keep in touch and perhaps there will be an opportunity to come back in future. Everyone shakes hands and has a hug.
I think that is it. More game time here looking unlikely given who we likely have on the books who can play at his position...Ealing might be perfect
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:45 pm It might not be as simple as just the club kicking him out because he's not good enough. Perhaps he is frustrated by the lack of game time, no suitable loan arrangement has come along and he feels his best option is the move to Ealing, so he's asked the club to let him leave early, SB has said we feel you have potential and would like you to stay but understand your reasoning, let's keep in touch and perhaps there will be an opportunity to come back in future. Everyone shakes hands and has a hug.
Spot on next season he would have had Pollard, Burns, Gopperth ahead of him before he even gets a sniff
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Gutted to see Lancaster leave as I really thought he might be a star. Obviously it's not working at the moment but I hope playing in a different environment does him good and his departure is on good terms (both ways), so if he does come good, we'd be in with a shout of re-signing.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:02 pm
Spot on next season he would have had Pollard, Burns, Gopperth ahead of him before he even gets a sniff
I must admit I was wondering when Jed Walsh was announced.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Regarding Simmons, ISTR he got a severe bout of glandular fever which set him back just at the time he had forged ahead of White?
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

When we signed Lancaster I was impressed as he’d put in some good shifts with Eng U20. But I’ll be honest every time I’ve seen him in a Tigers shirt he’s been poor. So can’t say I’m surprised we’re looking at other options.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:27 pm Regarding Simmons, ISTR he got a severe bout of glandular fever which set him back just at the time he had forged ahead of White?
Don’t remember myself but sure you’re right. If it is the case I caught that disease as a very fit teenager and it wiped me out hot months