LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:38 pm Could it be that WW is on a coach's salary and a fee per appearance ? If that is the case then surely the amount to be counted under the cap would be minimal?
I was under the impression after previous elsewhere it's all or nothing, think it was something to do with either Simon Mannix or John Mitchell.
It is stop all the clubs making senior players coaches to circumvent the cap.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rob18C
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Rob18C »

looks like according to the tigers twitter page that is it for the day.

back tomorrow with more announcements though!!!
bendy

Post by bendy »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:41 pm
I was under the impression after previous elsewhere it's all or nothing, think it was something to do with either Simon Mannix or John Mitchell.
It is stop all the clubs making senior players coaches to circumvent the cap.
Precisely this.

Anyone over 28 is a "coach" - let's pay them £5m per year for their coaching, but only £1 per match in the very rare occasions they have to play... nothing to see here Mr Cap Investigator.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I don't think there is any restriction on a player coach playing A League or Premier Cup matches so we could have Youngs, JVP, Simmons and Edwards to cover Premiership matches if and only if Wigs decided not to participate at the senior level and a very experienced player on the pitch to mentor youngsters in the lesser games.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Gopperth next
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I suspect, based on SB's selections in the second half of this season, that he doesn't yet feel JvP is quite ready to be the number 2 scrumhalf. I would therefore expect that Wigglesworth has been re-signed to share the number 2 slot with JvP. RW looks like he's still in exceptional shape so I don't see why he can't do another year at that level.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That's it for today I think.
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

To continue with the food analogies. Todays announcement have been like getting free poppadoms and dips at your favourite restaurant and a couple of free Kingfishers thrown in because you are a Tigers fan.
Really good resigning and new signings. For the future and 6 nations.
Good work the club, scouts and board for completing these deals.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

+1
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RagingBull wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:30 pm That's it for today I think.
Seems like it. I like how we've got this before the leavers list, which normally completely gives this all away...

The good news is we can be confident that we have more signings to come (e.g. Watson) so know we've more to come!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Jed Walsh with a nice little break and offload to create a try for Leicester Lions
Playing 15 also
https://twitter.com/LeicsLionsRFC/statu ... 3978720259
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

1 more incoming......
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Watson confirmed
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Excited for the Watson signing, what a capture that could prove to be
TigerReggie

Post by TigerReggie »

Watson in. Maybe people should just wait for news rather than endless speculating and waffle.