LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerjoe1

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Tigerjoe1 »

Looks like more coming today
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by RagingBull »

Phil Cokanasiga confirmed
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Doing it alphabetically Cracknell followed by Cronin possibly
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Popcorn tastes sweet today.

I’m man enough to say I was not a fan of Chris Ashton coming to Tigers. Coming under a cloud was a bit of an understatement. Thought he was a talking liability. BUT he has proved me wrong (and I’m sure a few others), particularly in the past few weeks and deserves the shirt. Now I’m delighted that he’s resigned and consider him just the sort of player we need to provide that balance between experience and youth. Would even tolerate a splash! If he sees his career out here I’ll be fine with that. Clearly he’s loving it here.

On the subject of experience, also delighted Kini has resigned. Completely under-rated in my view as the perfect experienced utility back.

Really hope Moroni is soon.
PAW2
Tiger Cub

Post by PAW2 »

Very happy so far - but please can we have Moroni added
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I do agree about Ashton but how many of us were going on his public persona rather than the individual known by Borthwick an WW. The interview he did with Big Jim Hamilton really changed my mind, and he is obviously popular with his teammates.

Be nice to see the Ash Splash one more time on the scoring of that 100th premiership try
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cracknell confirmed off by Irish
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

This is a Thursday treat to beat Papa John’s 2 for Tuesday…Cracknell next, then Cronin, then Goperth….fair play to the club to not advertise this as it’s a nice surprise.
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:45 pm This is a Thursday treat to beat Papa John’s 2 for Tuesday…Cracknell next, then Cronin, then Goperth….fair play to the club to not advertise this as it’s a nice surprise.
Ah but does it beat Pizza Hut large stuff crust and a side for £18
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:45 pm This is a Thursday treat to beat Papa John’s 2 for Tuesday…Cracknell next, then Cronin, then Goperth….fair play to the club to not advertise this as it’s a nice surprise.
It is I think with the way rumours come out once you announced the day the hype sort of dies I think.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Keeping WW on the playing books is a strange with the cap reducing, it does tie up a fair amount I would guess for a bloke who really shouldn't be anywhere near the first XV, same with Gopperth in many ways.

My guess with Browning is the hope that either he goes off with the 7's & it makes him or breaks him, personally I prefer taking a punt on an ex Academy player, the club know them better. The Academy resignings are the most important, some genuine potential there.

Jansen has grasped the chance he got, should allow Chessum to focus on 2nd row.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I share the surprise about Browning, but I'm guessing he's on peanuts and if he still showing the coaches that he has a bit of potential then why not, he might become a useful squad player.

Good news on the youngsters and Ashton is a smart move. Kini is a nice bonus as well, really useful versatility to have in the squad. Really pleased with Jansen, he looks like he could be very good.

Cokanasiga is a really good signing, bags of potential there.

I would expect that the bigger names like Moroni would be left until last, fingers crossed anyway!

P.s. at Dominos you can get 2 large pizzas for 20 quid :smt023
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:48 pm Keeping WW on the playing books is a strange with the cap reducing, it does tie up a fair amount I would guess for a bloke who really shouldn't be anywhere near the first XV, same with Gopperth in many ways.

My guess with Browning is the hope that either he goes off with the 7's & it makes him or breaks him, personally I prefer taking a punt on an ex Academy player, the club know them better. The Academy resignings are the most important, some genuine potential there.

Jansen has grasped the chance he got, should allow Chessum to focus on 2nd row.
Doubt it’s costing any more having Wigglesworth on as a player coach rather than just a coach, still comes out the same pot and he is playing pretty well for someone who shouldn’t be near the first team. As for Gopperth anyone that saw him play at the weekend will know he still has plenty to offer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Cronin next
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:47 pm
Ah but does it beat Pizza Hut large stuff crust and a side for £18
I think it does..only because of volume… but the side is a good selling point..
There is never any points for 2nd place...