LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by Scott1 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:43 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:41 pm
Pellsey wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:22 pm Assuming his former Tigers' form returns, I would prefer Holmes to Watson, as we actually would see him more and he would be on a lower wage...
Should’ve read the whole thread first,got excited. Wholeheartedly agree!
Imagine if we got both…solve any problem they had on the pitch.
Both would be amazing! Steward ,Hegarty,Watson,Potter,Ashton,Saumaki even looks good if we sadly lost Nadolo and Muri
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2021/22 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACTS: Aled Walters and the Philosopher's Stone

Post by kk20gb30 »

For me , Holmes very much part of the past.
There was bad ,as well as good - ignoring both sides of selective memory.
For him to return - and I am neither against his return nor am I falling over myself for it - the stars would have to align perfectly.
Best move forward.......
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:19 pm For me , Holmes very much part of the past.
For him to return - and I am neither against his return nor am I falling over myself for it - the stars would have to align perfectly.
Best move forward.......
What was the bad? Apart from the environment!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kk20gb30 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:19 pm For me , Holmes very much part of the past.
Best move forward.......
Holmes left to try and further his international ambitions, and was fed a line by the WRU, wouldn’t have many back from that time but Holmes is one I would
Notinthecounty

Post by Notinthecounty »

Holmes definitely had his moments as a winger and attacking player ( especially the scoring run he went on) , but he was poor as a full back. I still remember the Saracens game when he was turned inside out for tries. You can blame that on the whole team but he never convinced as a full back.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I tend to agree with Scott1 if Jonah Holmes becomes available he would fit in just right Wing/Full Back, He knows the club did well at the Club his scorinng record is good compared to Anthony Watson JH = 120points in 45 games, AW = 160points in 126 games, Plus JH is also a good full back, What not to like & he wont be away during 6N's or any others that they come up with.
So yes please thank you. :smt041
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Qbec wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:53 pm I tend to agree with Scott1 if Jonah Holmes becomes available he would fit in just right Wing/Full Back, He knows the club did well at the Club his scorinng record is good compared to Anthony Watson JH = 120points in 45 games, AW = 160points in 126 games, Plus JH is also a good full back, What not to like & he wont be away during 6N's or any others that they come up with.
So yes please thank you. :smt041
Wow didn’t think his strike rate was that good for us! During the dark times too,he’s scored 11/17 for the Dragons too! He’s prolific,he’d clean up in this team now!
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Am I the only one seeing the Holmes and Watson joke?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:57 pm Am I the only one seeing the Holmes and Watson joke?
I do now 😂👏
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote=Tigers86asw post_id=817573 time=1650560267 user_id=37084]
Am I the only one seeing the Holmes and Watson joke?
[/quote]

Wouldn't we also need to get Moriarty? :smt002
BiteMe

Post by BiteMe »

Tigers86asw wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:57 pm Am I the only one seeing the Holmes and Watson joke?
There's an east wind coming all the same, such a wind as never blew on England yet. It will be cold and bitter, Watson, and a good many of us may wither before its blast. But it's God's own wind none the less, and a cleaner, better, stronger land will lie in the sunshine when the storm has cleared.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

There is potentially the issue that Borthwick might not just want him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:05 pm There is potentially the issue that Borthwick might not just want him.
Of course. The fact that he has turned down a WRU contract would indicate there is an offer on the table from somewhere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:05 pm There is potentially the issue that Borthwick might not just want him.
There is of course that haha. Our dealing might be done. He will get snapped up though no doubt.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:33 pm
Best move forward.......
Holmes left to try and further his international ambitions, and was fed a line by the WRU, wouldn’t have many back from that time but Holmes is one I would
Spot on ! Also a fairly nifty scrum half.