Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 pm After Green neck rolled Vunipola. Billy played dead by laying flat out on the pitch stopping play. it was an Oscar performance designed to draw the TMOs attention to get Green a yellow card. It nearly succeeded as the TMO lobbied CMK hard but fair play CMK just gave the penalty.
have to say I see so many neck rolls go uncalled so to be honest I cannot blame him, refs should be calling them, TMO's certainly should.

Biggest disgrace yesterday was their 9 NOT getting a red card
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:03 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:51 pm After Green neck rolled Vunipola. Billy played dead by laying flat out on the pitch stopping play. it was an Oscar performance designed to draw the TMOs attention to get Green a yellow card. It nearly succeeded as the TMO lobbied CMK hard but fair play CMK just gave the penalty.
have to say I see so many neck rolls go uncalled so to be honest I cannot blame him, refs should be calling them, TMO's certainly should.

Or was it Ford not going for an HIA?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:05 pm

that overall incident then to cover all bases.

I wasn't overly impressed with Ford yesterday and I think the form Burns was in he would have been the better choice at 10, TBH I don't care about keeping Ford happy either, he's chosen to leave so if Burns is playing as well as he is Ford sits on the bench
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Not Fords decision the medics will have decided if he needed one both Tigers and independent
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:08 pm

Not Fords decision the medics will have decided if he needed one both Tigers and independent
there was a replay where he seemed very unsteady on his feet immediately after contact, he sould probably have gone for a HIA just to be safe
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:13 pm

there was a replay where he seemed very unsteady on his feet immediately after contact, he sould probably have gone for a HIA just to be safe
I don’t disagree but given that player safety is paramount there will have been no risks taken
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm

I don’t disagree but given that player safety is paramount there will have been no risks taken
we've seen in 2 recently England games recently, 1 senior and 1 U20, that isn't always the case, the senior one especially Sir was rushing the medics along...

I hope it was all sorted whilst Sir was messing up his decision over the red card
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:18 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm

we've seen in 2 recently England games recently, 1 senior and 1 U20, that isn't always the case, the senior one especially Sir was rushing the medics along...

I hope it was all sorted whilst Sir was messing up his decision over the red card
Ok if you say so. What I have mentioned are the correct protocols
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

If a player has been knocked out they are removed from the game with no option of HIA.
A player who has taken a knock is taken through some on field protocols and in most cases, but not all, it will result in a full HIA being required.
The team Drs and Matchday Independent Dr on the touchline also have access to data and footage on tablets to review the impact taken by the player. Ford will have passed the on field tests to be able to continue. We can only trust that they have made the right call.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

So do we want Sarries in the final or at WR? I think we’d stand a better chance at our place so will be cheering on Quins to finish above them.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:28 pm If a player has been knocked out they are removed from the game with no option of HIA.
A player who has taken a knock is taken through some on field protocols and in most cases, but not all, it will result in a full HIA being required.
The team Drs and Matchday Independent Dr on the touchline also have access to data and footage on tablets to review the impact taken by the player. Ford will have passed the on field tests to be able to continue. We can only trust that they have made the right call.
Wasn't there a rule that said if it was a head contact from foul play that could possibly warrant a red card that it was an automatic HIA or have I made that up too?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

westwinds31 wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:43 pm Ok, on the Kini yellow. In real time, he “lands” on Lewington a millisecond after he touches the ball down. No knee or arm going in for foul play. In slow motion it looks worse. The fact that they both slide out of play makes it looks even worse, and Kini looks like he’s going to help Lewington up, but in comes Daley (I think) to create a fracas, others pile in and the crowd over react….making it look worse than it was.

So, if he doesn’t put a shot in, despite the try bring obvious, they’d be complaints that he didn’t make an effort. I’ve seen at least 2 other tries this weekend where a similar thing has happened….no card. I give up.
I'm in the same camp as you on this one, look at replay, he lands short of player, slides into him, no arms or knees, I think he was hard done to.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:07 pm

that overall incident then to cover all bases.

I wasn't overly impressed with Ford yesterday and I think the form Burns was in he would have been the better choice at 10, TBH I don't care about keeping Ford happy either, he's chosen to leave so if Burns is playing as well as he is Ford sits on the bench
I'm back on my high horse regarding Ford constantly kicking the ball away, you never see him running or breaking sweat, bet he doesn't need a shower, come on man run the ball like other teams do, get running or you will never get your England starting place back. stop our 1 dimensional play, kick chase, bludgeon way over, where are our back moves, yes I remember the last few minutes at Bristol, why not try that again/
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

You wonder if we have stopped learning new moves as Ford is off next season.
There are a few comparisons of some of the more wooden headed Cockers tactics at times.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:21 pm You wonder if we have stopped learning new moves as Ford is off next season.
There are a few comparisons of some of the more wooden headed Cockers tactics at times.
Its taken me a while to warm to Burns but in the last couple of games he varied the attack, some short kicks which he followed up and made breaks, I don't remember Ford making breaks, he kicks the ball away and retreats to catch the returned kick, very negative in my opinion, but if that's what floats his boat then so be it, I like running sensible rugby, not constantly kicking the ball away, somehow I cant see Sale allowing him to play like that.