Ben Youngs

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Ben Youngs

Post by ads »

JVP starting ahead of Wigg and is VC this weekend.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Randall is light weight and I think the welsh will target him at every opportunity!! Ben Youngs is still the best all round scrum half in England, lots of young pretenders edging closer but still number one for me!!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Double page spread on him in today’s Times. I’ve never met him but he sounds like a truly lovely bloke.
WildGoose
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by WildGoose »

Once met him in a club after we lost a semi to Wasps (2017 I think). He’d just pulled out of the Lions tour and I said I was gutted for him, asked who should replace him. Without even blinking he said “Danny Care”, which considering at the time he was in a ding dong battle for the England 9 shirt took a bit of class. He then went into how good Care was, before having the shots we bought him for being kind enough to let us annoy him.

Meanwhile, Ed Slater was outside, cheeky cig in mouth, trying to convince the bouncer that Pete Betham should be allowed in because the cut above his eye had happened in the game, not because he was trouble. And Boris had his top off.

Good night from memory.
CJ wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:52 am Double page spread on him in today’s Times. I’ve never met him but he sounds like a truly lovely bloke.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Breaks the record
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:24 pm Breaks the record
And arrests the free fall the bright young things had gotten in to, not that this will be acknowledged...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Crofty wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:14 pm
And arrests the free fall the bright young things had gotten in to, not that this will be acknowledged...
Thank you Crofty......I thought I was going insane. There are times when control is required
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:16 pm
Thank you Crofty......I thought I was going insane. There are times when control is required
It's not fashionable to acknowledge him or Ford at the moment, there are shiny new things that the press, and so the casual fans that only pay attention at this time of year, are obsessed with.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Crofty wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:49 am
Big Dai wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:16 pm

It's not fashionable to acknowledge him or Ford at the moment, there are shiny new things that the press, and so the casual fans that only pay attention at this time of year, are obsessed with.
Totally agree Ford should have come on with at least 20 minutes to go. Smith is excellent but international defences are reading him now especially the inside ball to Dombrandt. He has a get out of jail card at Quins with Esterhuizen no so much with England
Bevans

Post by Bevans »

Thought exactly the same.

I was shocked to finally read some praise in the Guardian on how he brought control.

"He provided a cool head, steady hand, and sure boot, as England worked their way back downfield and chiseled out a couple of penalties."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/ ... structions