Gloucester (Home) - Saturday 26th February 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Gloucester (Home) - Saturday 26th February 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

This is a tough one, Gloucester are in some really good form off the back of a bye week to rest up sore bodies (is it me or are we seeming to play a lot of sides just after their bye week?)

I'd go full bore with a couple of tweaks to the side (Hoping Kini is back after his recent appearances in training)

Hegarty
Potter
Scott
Kelly
Nadolo
Burns
JVP
Whitcombe
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Chessum/Synman
Liebenberg (c)
Reffell
Wiese

Clare
Leatigaga
Heyes/Hurd
Synman/Green
Martin
Wigglesworth
Porter
Murimurivalu
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Gloucester (Home) - Saturday 26th February 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

Good side we may see Chessum back with Lawes return to fitness. Particularly looking forward to seeing Synman play. Personally if Murimurivalu is fit I’d have him start instead of Nadolo
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Would hope to see Chessum and Heyes released and reckon Kini should be fit again. Despite my desire to see Kini at 15 I think Hegarty will get the nod and Kini makes a good option at 23. I reckon:

Hegarty
Potter
Scott
Kelly
Nadolo
Burns
Wigglesworth
Whitcombe
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Chessum
Liebenberg (c)
Reffell
Wiese

Clare
Van Wyk
Heyes
Synman
Martin
JvP
Porter
Murimurivalu

Pretty similar to above but given who's available and the lack of info on the absentees it's going to be there or thereabouts. Glos are in fine form but will be without LRZ and Harris (6 Nations) with Atkinson likely released back. Polledri, May, Slater are all likely to be unavailable due to injury so some key names missing.

Very tough game but I fancy us to get the win.
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I think we might see Liebenburg at 7 forming a flanker combination with Martin. Glaws power and maul game are key to them scoring points so I can imagine we'll want to blunt that and as they tire then Reffell can come off the bench and be a menace.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Think we should target our remaining home games because another 3 wins would ensure top 2. Look to rotate for away games to keep key players fresh.
A2O
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

I'd be tempted to give Harry Potter a rest as he's played a lot and give Chris Ashton his first start. Assuming Cole is still injured along with Leatigaga and Heyes remains with us and Chessum stays with England, I'd go with with:

Whitcombe
Montoya
Heyes
Wells
Green
Liebenberg (c)
Reffel
Wiese
Wigglesworth
Burns
Nadolo
Kelly
Scott
Ashton
Hegarty

Clare
Van Wyk
Hurd
Snyman
Martin
Van Poortvliet
Porter
Murimurivalu
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:48 pm I'd be tempted to give Harry Potter a rest as he's played a lot and give Chris Ashton his first start. Assuming Cole is still injured along with Leatigaga and Heyes remains with us and Chessum stays with England, I'd go with with:

Whitcombe
Montoya
Heyes
Wells
Green
Liebenberg (c)
Reffel
Wiese
Wigglesworth
Burns
Nadolo
Kelly
Scott
Ashton
Hegarty

Clare
Van Wyk
Hurd
Snyman
Martin
Van Poortvliet
Porter
Murimurivalu
I assumed that they are expecting Cole to be fit next week with Heyes getting 80. Wingers really shouldn’t need a week off unless injured and it’s not a short turnaround
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I want to see more of Lancaster, I want JVP to start and at least once this season I want to see the South Sea Islanders back 3

Murimurivalu
Saumaki
Scott
Kelly
Nadolo
Burns
JvP
Whitcombe
Clare
Cole/Lady G - which ever is the most fit assuming Heyes is with England
Snyman
Green
Liebenberg
Reffell
Wiese

Dolly
vak Wyk
Cole/Lady G
Wells
Martin
Wiggy
Lancaster
Ashton
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:48 pm I'd be tempted to give Harry Potter a rest as he's played a lot and give Chris Ashton his first start.
Ashton starting is a great shout
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Whitcombe
Montoya
Cole
Wells
Green
Liebenberg
Reffell
Weise
WW
Burns
Nadolo
Kelly
Scott
Ashton
Hegarty

Ladygaga,Clare,Hurd,Snyman,Martin,JVP,Porter,Potter
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

After this week Eddie should see that Heyes is better than Stuart
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

I’m not knowledgable enough to know the answer but I imagine SB will look at picking his best line out defenders & maul defenders given the importance Glocs place on that element of the game.

Also I expect we will keep the ball in play and not kick to touch at all times so kick chase is gonna be key too.

I guess that means Cole, Green, Hanro all start but may mean Nadolo is rested in favour of Porter or Ashton on the wing?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Another way around negating Gloucester’s maul, which is no better than our own, is to cut out the penalties so we don’t give then the opportunities.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Blimey I have to agree with yet again Scott …what’s happening …we need Heyes back with us as I suspect King Cole and Nephi could be injured after watching replays and having just watched the Bath game again too it looked like we just didn’t want to give Ashton the ball …I know that wouldn’t be true but watching back it felt so
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

KiwiTig wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:58 pm Blimey I have to agree with yet again Scott …what’s happening …we need Heyes back with us as I suspect King Cole and Nephi could be injured after watching replays and having just watched the Bath game again too it looked like we just didn’t want to give Ashton the ball …I know that wouldn’t be true but watching back it felt so
It's more likely that the players aren't on the same wavelength as Ashton yet. He's known for making supporting runs that defences find hard to track, unless you are looking for those they might be missed by the attacking players as well.