Other Fixtures 18th-20th February 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Other Fixtures 18th-20th February 2022

Post by Crofty »

MCC1964 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:05 pm Deano is going to be in trouble: ‘…favouritism or they don’t know what they’re doing…’ in reference to the refereeing.
Problem is, where's the lie? Ridley very much at the end seemed to me to have decided that there was absolutely no way Falcons, a man down for 55 minutes, should be in a position to win the game so when the entire Exeter front row tried to grab the Falcon's second rows ankles, twice in a row, right in front of him, we had resets running the clock into the red and then, miracle of miracles the scrum stays up long enough for Exeter to get the ball out and put it into touch. That's just one example, he was at it the entire second half...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Just watched the Chick incident. Mr Rugby Incident he say red 😂
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Deano should be in trouble after that. Ridley didn't have his best game but he was 100% correct with the red and for a DoR to criticise that is outrageous.

Shame that Deano didn't express any concern for his former player. Gone down in my estimations.
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Crofty wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:33 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:05 pm Deano is going to be in trouble: ‘…favouritism or they don’t know what they’re doing…’ in reference to the refereeing.
Problem is, where's the lie? Ridley very much at the end seemed to me to have decided that there was absolutely no way Falcons, a man down for 55 minutes, should be in a position to win the game so when the entire Exeter front row tried to grab the Falcon's second rows ankles, twice in a row, right in front of him, we had resets running the clock into the red and then, miracle of miracles the scrum stays up long enough for Exeter to get the ball out and put it into touch. That's just one example, he was at it the entire second half...
He may think that, we may think that, we can say that, but he can’t. Certainly not on TV. He can submit his own report to the refs committee or whatever it is, but not make a public comment of that nature. And sadly he has previous, so as per my original comment I suspect he’s going to be in trouble.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mrs G has always commented on the Chiefs free pass for several offences, at tackle or set piece. They've always been well coached to take advantage of weak reffing, a reason they've struggled at times in Europe, under less tolerant refs, to gain dominance.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

MCC1964 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:13 am
He may think that, we may think that, we can say that, but he can’t. Certainly not on TV. He can submit his own report to the refs committee or whatever it is, but not make a public comment of that nature. And sadly he has previous, so as per my original comment I suspect he’s going to be in trouble.
Oh, absolutely, does make you think how the RFU would respond to figurative whistle bowlers though...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

jgriffin wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:31 am
Mrs G has always commented on the Chiefs free pass for several offences, at tackle or set piece. They've always been well coached to take advantage of weak reffing, a reason they've struggled at times in Europe, under less tolerant refs, to gain dominance.
They've had a lot of popularity with fans and media for being not us and not Sarries but successful for a while now, I can well imagine that such positivity will affect referees. The scales are falling from the eyes of many of late though, it might get less comfortable for them in the future...
No, not that one!

non possumus capere
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Watched the Quins highlights, nice to see Care taking a quick tap from way off the mark again and it resulting in a try. Winds me up.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:42 pm Watched the Quins highlights, nice to see Care taking a quick tap from way off the mark again and it resulting in a try. Winds me up.
Many forward passes? Just asking for a friend :smt044 :smt044
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 am Deano should be in trouble after that. Ridley didn't have his best game but he was 100% correct with the red and for a DoR to criticise that is outrageous.

Shame that Deano didn't express any concern for his former player. Gone down in my estimations.
He's up before the beak tomorrow!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 am Deano should be in trouble after that. Ridley didn't have his best game but he was 100% correct with the red and for a DoR to criticise that is outrageous.

Didn’t have any further to fall in my estimation….a proven cynical cheat who gets no free pass because he is an ex-Tiger.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

chris111 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:44 pm

Didn’t have any further to fall in my estimation….a proven cynical cheat who gets no free pass because he is an ex-Tiger.
Still a legend for a lot of us.

Not aware of any Salary Cap issues or Covid Breaches.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:01 pm

Presumably you’re aware of bloodgate, though?
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

chris111 wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:45 am
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:01 pm

Presumably you’re aware of bloodgate, though?
Yes, but it's well known that Quins were the team to get caught, not the only offender, Dean also took most of the blame for that, it's safe to say his face has never fit with the RFU.
My introduction to Tigers was with him in the "G" Shirt, he was the Rugby equivalent of Jan Molby.
To win is not as important as playing with style!