Other Fixtures 18th-20th February 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Other Fixtures 18th-20th February 2022

Post by Crofty »

14-14 at half time, a half of two halves for absolutely sure. Worcester need to calm down and maintain their discipline to get back into this.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Discipline has let Wuss down after a great start
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Bulldozer run by the Worcester 8 for their 3rd try :smt041
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Nothing was stopping him there, massive run, conversion missed 19-14.
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

non possumus capere
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

And that's how it ends, 19-14 to the hosts.
No, not that one!

non possumus capere
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

First game Wuss have won in a 6N period since 2019
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

The wheels have properly fallen off the Briz bus, not long after giving Lam a longer contract, I wonder how they feel about that?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:57 pm The wheels have properly fallen off the Briz bus, not long after giving Lam a longer contract, I wonder how they feel about that?
Without Randall Pietau and the Nathan Hughes currently playing for Bath, they lack a lot of cutting edge, a look an average team. Thacker added some energy when he came on, though he threw a Burnsesque pass 10 metres from his own line, but without Sinclair or Afoa their scrum was in reverse
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Watched highlights of the Chiefs v Highlanders game from New Zealand, not sure how the chiefs 8 was allowed to hurdle over a tackle before scoring a try
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

Their scrum is a mess and they miss too many tackles. They are too easy to play against.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:43 am
tigerburnie wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:57 pm The wheels have properly fallen off the Briz bus, not long after giving Lam a longer contract, I wonder how they feel about that?
Without Randall Pietau and the Nathan Hughes currently playing for Bath, they lack a lot of cutting edge, a look an average team. Thacker added some energy when he came on, though he threw a Burnsesque pass 10 metres from his own line, but without Sinclair or Afoa their scrum was in reverse
Radradra was pretty underwhelming once again last night.. he’s been a fair way off his best
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:51 am
Radradra was pretty underwhelming once again last night.. he’s been a fair way off his best
When they signed him I was, I admit, a little green with envy, however with the benefit of hindsight I'm just pleased we signed Nemzy, he's so much better value. Plus he more often than not does something really useful, just don't think Radradra does?
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

fentiger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 pm

When they signed him I was, I admit, a little green with envy, however with the benefit of hindsight I'm just pleased we signed Nemzy, he's so much better value. Plus he more often than not does something really useful, just don't think Radradra does?
I just think the deficiencies in their team mean he has to do it all. Nadolo is a wonderful finisher but we don’t give him the ball 60 m out and say ‘off you go’. If you are going backwards then having a world class 13 means very little.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Radrada looked brilliant last season linking up with Piutau, and to a lesser extent Malins and Randall. Most of the spectacular Radrada moments I recall involved him and Piutau one-twoing their way up the pitch. When it's just Radrada with a lot of average around him, it is much harder to make something happen.

Bristol's form last season was nothing to do with Lam's coaching, it was just having a handful of exceptional players and few international callups. Now there are fewer exceptional players and more international callups.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigers86asw wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:21 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:19 pm

I just think the deficiencies in their team mean he has to do it all. Nadolo is a wonderful finisher but we don’t give him the ball 60 m out and say ‘off you go’. If you are going backwards then having a world class 13 means very little.
Totally agree it’s like well you are our get out of jail free card, and without many other threats it’s easier to mark him. I do like the lad Lloyd who started at 15 and ended up at scrum half because of injury. He will no doubt be another who has to move back to Wales to further his international career