Gold Member

Re: Bath (AWAY) - Saturday 19th February 2022 - KO 15:00

Post by Tigers86asw »

Moroni
MVS
Cole
Leatigaga
Kini
Plus the England boys we are missing quite a few, as are Bath.
Any win will do in circumstances.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

And Baylis to come off the bench!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Didn’t bath beat Quins at home a couple weeks ago?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:41 pm Didn’t bath beat Quins at home a couple weeks ago?
They did, Quins were terrible though. Awful handling, missed tackles everywhere. It was one of those games where it feels like both teams are doing their best to lose.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

The Bath team look pretty strong and we are definitely missing a number of important players (Ford, Steward, Cole, MVS, Nems etc) as well as the Dickson question. For me, this could go either way. BUT COYT! Please let me eat my words!! :)
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Without Cole we don’t have the same power in the front row .. especially With FVW starting.. not confident..?but then again we have done some extraordinary things this season not least away in Europe’s with perceived weaker teams .. so we can carry on living in hope for yet another miracle
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

mightymouse wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:27 pm Without Cole we don’t have the same power in the front row .. especially With FVW starting.. not confident..?but then again we have done some extraordinary things this season not least away in Europe’s with perceived weaker teams .. so we can carry on living in hope for yet another miracle
Blimey - talk about cup half full mightymouse..........surely Bath fans will be the ones hoping for a miracle; that the current bottom team in the league can beat the runaway leaders!!!
Soggypitch
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:41 am
fortysix wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:55 am Will the game be postponed due to the storm ?
I think the worst of the storm will be over by tomorrow afternoon, the game is more likely to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, especially as the Rec is a mud bath at the best of times.......

We need to pick our heavy pitch players, whoever they may be?!
Soggypitch talking about a heavy pitch.......had to laugh! Sorry!

Not too bad in this neck of the woods now. Though more rain to come.

As for our missing players and the opponents "stars" I hope the effectiveness of our team will be greater than the sum of its parts....this has been the case most of the time this season.

Hughes can be a penalty on legs......if only Dicko spots him, and having spotted him, pings him.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Big Dai wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:14 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:41 am
fortysix wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:55 am Will the game be postponed due to the storm ?
I think the worst of the storm will be over by tomorrow afternoon, the game is more likely to be postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, especially as the Rec is a mud bath at the best of times.......

We need to pick our heavy pitch players, whoever they may be?!
Soggypitch talking about a heavy pitch.......had to laugh! Sorry!

Not too bad in this neck of the woods now. Though more rain to come.

As for our missing players and the opponents "stars" I hope the effectiveness of our team will be greater than the sum of its parts....this has been the case most of the time this season.

Hughes can be a penalty on legs......if only Dicko spots him, and having spotted him, pings him.
:smt002 :smt003
Soggypitch
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Bath have been unlucky with injuries this year and that is starting to turn around. In contrast we have been comparatively been quite lucky on the injury front but starting to accumulate now. With all our internationals gone now including Ford who we did not lose in the Autumn Ibjust think we will do very well to win against a very good team. So far we have overpowered most teams, but I’m not sure if we have enough power left.
I’m not say we cannot win because so many amazing things have happened this year but I don’t think we can complain to much if we don’t
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It is curious that there is so much trepidation about this match. I don't understand it but I feel it. The top side should wallop this bottom side - the season has shown that we are flying and they are completely hopeless, and yet...
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

It may be the day after the Lord Mayors show feeling the weekend after beating the nearest neighbours. This is better Bath side than they have been able to muster form most of the season so past form and this team do not equate. Our team is not a strongest but rotation and a team of this qualify has served us well in many games this year , other than Sale away. Fingers crossed.
RichieB
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by RichieB »

Offside wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:11 pm It may be the day after the Lord Mayors show feeling the weekend after beating the nearest neighbours. This is better Bath side than they have been able to muster form most of the season so past form and this team do not equate. Our team is not a strongest but rotation and a team of this qualify has served us well in many games this year , other than Sale away. Fingers crossed.
Things that can make a mockery of the game - the weather and Dickson. Not sure which will be most telling!
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Offside wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:11 pm It may be the day after the Lord Mayors show feeling the weekend after beating the nearest neighbours. This is better Bath side than they have been able to muster form most of the season so past form and this team do not equate. Our team is not a strongest but rotation and a team of this qualify has served us well in many games this year , other than Sale away. Fingers crossed.
It is a better Bath team but their front 5 is still weak. I think the only thing that might help them is the weather.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

According to the BBC we have Joe Heynes turning out for us tomorrow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60415112
I must have missed his recruitment :smt002